DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Anyone have a Craftsman 21715 15" lathe? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/202630-anyone-have-craftsman-21715-15-lathe.html)

Toller June 3rd 07 04:24 AM

Anyone have a Craftsman 21715 15" lathe?

I just bought item number 130117303469on ebay.
It is a new 21715, missing the knob that adjusts the speed.
Now, is it just a matter of finding a knob to fit, or did I buy an expensive
boat anchor?
Thanks.

[email protected] June 4th 07 06:42 AM

On Jun 2, 10:24 pm, "Toller" wrote:

I just bought item number 130117303469on ebay.
It is a new 21715, missing the knob that adjusts the speed.
Now, is it just a matter of finding a knob to fit, or did I buy an expensive
boat anchor?

Post this on the rec.crafts.woodturning newsgroup and I would bet
you that you will have some fast answers and probably a couple of
alternatives.

Robert

Greg O June 6th 07 03:55 AM

"Toller" wrote in message
I just bought item number 130117303469on ebay.
It is a new 21715, missing the knob that adjusts the speed.
Now, is it just a matter of finding a knob to fit, or did I buy an
expensive boat anchor?
Thanks.

Look up parts on Sears.com when it arives. You will need a proper model
number, xxx.xxxxxx format.
Greg