Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What is a good price for a used table saw?

On May 7, 8:17 pm, mapdude wrote:
I am about to upgrade to a new table saw. My dad's 20 year old
Craftsman saw is going to be surplused to I will list it on Craigslist
and see if I can get some change for it. Still in good shape with a
solid motor and belt drive.

How much should I ask for it?

Where are you? Here in Madison WI, that saw could go on the market for
300 and be gone in a week. Maybe even 500.

That's not saying it's actually worth that much. It's more like saying
there's a lot of people around here with more money than common
sense.

I didn't actually give up on used tools, I just resigned myself to a
lot more looking than finding.