Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New sander

I am happy so far. More later. (Great for detail work)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/Sander.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking

WOW! Bring it over so I can see if it really works. Looks like it needs a
turbine installed on top.

"Robatoy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am happy so far. More later. (Great for detail work)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/Sander.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote

I am happy so far. More later. (Great for detail work)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/Sander.jpg

To paraphrase Crocodile Dundee, "Now THAT's a sander!"

How hard is it to control?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am happy so far. More later. (Great for detail work)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/Sander.jpg

Thanks for the review! ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Holy crap! Spinal Tap would be so proud! You now have an amp that
goes to 11!

I would really be interested for you to post your thoughts after using
it for a while.

In the meantime, I'll call Nigel.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

I coudn't quite see it - seems to be a little toy bottom right of photo?

What is that giant yellow thing with the mettalic dog leash attached?

I had seen something like it last year at our woodworking show, and did
actually want to follow up this year - but no -one had any. I have a
concrete driveway I want to polish up. Can I borrow that yellow monstor?

They are cool.

Mike

I am happy so far. More later. (Great for detail work)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/Sander.jpg

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New sander, short visit

In article .com,
Robatoy wrote:

I am happy so far. More later. (Great for detail work)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/Sander.jpg

Yeah.. it's a beast. But with a very gentle streak. No swirls, very easy
to control, dust control is good enough (I'm spoiled by
Festool/Abranet/Fein combo).
It removes an amazing amount of material with an agressive paper like
the Klingspor 240 grit.
I can't wait to refinish a teak kitchen table I have.
240, 320, 400, 600, ultrafine Scotchbrite gives a finish on solid
surface like glass...incredibly flat.
Ohh and sooo quiet. Just the scuffing of the paper and the soft humming
of the Fein Turbo in the back-ground...its hose plugged in
straight..perfect.
And fast! With a 6mm stroke and 4 x 5' pads, it makes short order of
what I've thrown at it so far.
AEG German motor, and great, big fat bearings and a serious
counter-weight set-up. All done very well. You can see some of that he
http://www.surcare.com/products_bearing_tool.htm

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/Detail.jpg

Rob is very happy.... can't get over how quiet it is... you have no idea
what a nice change that is.

MUSIC!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 8, 1:18 pm, "HotRdd" wrote:
WOW! Bring it over so I can see if it really works. Looks like it needs a
turbine installed on top.

Two installs in your town tomorrow. Anybody make a decent lunch there?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 8, 1:26 pm, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote

I am happy so far. More later. (Great for detail work)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/Sander.jpg

To paraphrase Crocodile Dundee, "Now THAT's a sander!"

How hard is it to control?

That will be tempting if anybody tell the have a 'sander'..lol.

It just glides like a dream. Really easy to nudge in any way you like.
Now, having said that, I have no idea what it would be like with a
pack of 80 grit on an oak table.
What I really like about these guys, is that they stuck to a standard
5" disk. None of that specialty cut idiocy.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 8, 1:33 pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

oups.com...I am happy so far. More later. (Great for detail work)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...toy/Sander.jpg

Thanks for the review! ;~)

smartypants. LOL.. there's more review now.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 8, 4:58 pm, (J T) wrote:
Tue, May 8, 2007, 10:05am (EDT-3) (Robatoy) doth do
his happy dance and sings:
I am happy so far. More later. (Great for detail work)

Ah, I see that someone else paints their new tools yellow too.

It came in a mild chartreuse. I like yellow better.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Probably to late but try the Red Rooster if you want something different or
the CharBar downtown. I love the boneless wing and a side. I'm out of town
until the late afternoon, where are the installs?

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 8, 1:18 pm, "HotRdd" wrote:
WOW! Bring it over so I can see if it really works. Looks like it needs a
turbine installed on top.

Two installs in your town tomorrow. Anybody make a decent lunch there?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 9, 10:22 am, "HotRdd" wrote:
Probably to late but try the Red Rooster if you want something different or
the CharBar downtown. I love the boneless wing and a side. I'm out of town
until the late afternoon, where are the installs?

"Robatoy" wrote in message

ups.com...

On May 8, 1:18 pm, "HotRdd" wrote:
WOW! Bring it over so I can see if it really works. Looks like it needs a
turbine installed on top.

Two installs in your town tomorrow. Anybody make a decent lunch there?

Park Lane (countertop) and Church Str ( brass foot rail for a bar I
built.)
I'll be long gone by early afternoon, off to Wyoming for a repair..
(somebody dinged a top)

Red Rooster, eh? I'll try it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I'll pop by the church street one and say hello. It's my neighbour... What
time will you be around there? you can email me at nlccrod@ NO SPAM
xcelco.on.ca

"Robatoy" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 9, 10:22 am, "HotRdd" wrote:
Probably to late but try the Red Rooster if you want something different
or
the CharBar downtown. I love the boneless wing and a side. I'm out of
town
until the late afternoon, where are the installs?

"Robatoy" wrote in message

ups.com...

On May 8, 1:18 pm, "HotRdd" wrote:
WOW! Bring it over so I can see if it really works. Looks like it
needs a
turbine installed on top.

Two installs in your town tomorrow. Anybody make a decent lunch there?

Park Lane (countertop) and Church Str ( brass foot rail for a bar I
built.)
I'll be long gone by early afternoon, off to Wyoming for a repair..
(somebody dinged a top)

Red Rooster, eh? I'll try it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 9, 10:41 am, "HotRdd" wrote:
I'll pop by the church street one and say hello. It's my neighbour... What
time will you be around there? you can email me at nlccrod@ NO SPAM
xcelco.on.ca

You got mail.