Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Got plans for this boat?

Looking for plans for this boat if you got any.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

I need a few board feet of cedar I think.

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

Stoutman wrote:
| Looking for plans for this boat if you got any.
|
| http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html
|
| I need a few board feet of cedar I think.

At lea

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

Stoutman wrote:
| Looking for plans for this boat if you got any.
|
| http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html
|
| I need a few board feet of cedar I think.

At lea

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Posted to rec.woodworking

Stoutman wrote:
| Looking for plans for this boat if you got any.
|
| http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html
|
| I need a few board feet of cedar I think.

Board cuit

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Stoutman" .@. wrote:

Looking for plans for this boat if you got any.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

I need a few board feet of cedar I think.

Got a cubitstick somewhere.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Stoutman wrote:
| Looking for plans for this boat if you got any.
|
| http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html
|
| I need a few board feet of cedar I think.

OE meltdown - sorry about the previous posts.

I was imagining a Middle-Eastern lumber salesman saying: "You want
/how/ many cubits?"

Now we know what happened to the great forests of Holland.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

Plans are in Genesis chapter 6. Actually you'll need Gopher wood.
Also, the plans only include a description of the outer dimensions and
a few details about a roof, multi-levels and door on the side and the
directions to use pitch, likely Titebond 1 BC.

*** Religious section begins he [Noted for those who would rather
not] ***
Much like the entire description of creation through the fall of man
from Gods grace which only takes the first three pages of the bible,
the ark story doesn't have much detail. The real story of the bible is
about the redemption of man and that takes all the other pages and we
still don't get it.

On Apr 28, 5:45 pm, "Stoutman" .@. wrote:
Looking for plans for this boat if you got any.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

I need a few board feet of cedar I think.

--
Stoutmanwww.garagewoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris Dovey wrote:

I was imagining a Middle-Eastern lumber salesman saying: "You want
/how/ many cubits?"

Now we know what happened to the great forests of Holland.

Interestingly enough, there is a scarcity of boat building timber in
Holland.

It is a major reason some of the best metal yacht builders are located
in Holland.

SFWIW, my first sailboat (fiberglass) started life in Holland.

I would not even want to venture a guess how much he has invested in
that hull.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Morris Dovey" wrote in news:4633f484$0$496$815e3792
@news.qwest.net:

Now we know what happened to the great forests of Holland.

One of the reasons the Dutch had for making areas into forest (or
protecting what was there) was growing pine for making mining supports
(ther used to be coal mining in the South of Holland, near Maastricht). It
is one of the reasons that the Veluwe region near where I grew up was quite
forested (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veluwe. Another reason was
that the soil in that region is almost pure builder's sand, so farming had
to combine husbandry of grazing animals and collection of manure with
growing of simple crops (rye, wheat, not oats). Great bicycling and
hiking, and visiting the van Gogh painitngs in the Kröller Müller Museum.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote in news:4633f484$0$496$815e3792
@news.qwest.net:

Now we know what happened to the great forests of Holland.

Original plans were free too. I think JOAT posted them for Noah

Posted to rec.woodworking

Stoutman wrote:
| Looking for plans for this boat if you got any.
|
| http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

With a suitable trailer, this would probably be a fitting decoration
for the driveway in front of Nikolai Sutyagin's 13-story house in (did
you remember the name of the town?) Arkhangelsk.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Morris Dovey" wrote in news:4634c198$0$501$815e3792
@news.qwest.net:

Stoutman wrote:
| Looking for plans for this boat if you got any.
|
| http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

With a suitable trailer, this would probably be a fitting decoration
for the driveway in front of Nikolai Sutyagin's 13-story house in (did
you remember the name of the town?) Arkhangelsk.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Absorber.html

I think it is fine in Schagen, a city (since 1415) in one of the flattest
and windiest parts of Holland http://www.schagen.nl/index.php?mediumid=1

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message
Looking for plans for this boat if you got any.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

I need a few board feet of cedar I think.

You can see more pics at: http://www.arkvannoach.com/themakingof.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Saudade" wrote in news:4634d234$0$19388
:

Investment: 500,000 Euros, @ $1.36/euro, that's a lot!!!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 29, 12:01 pm, "Morris Dovey" wrote:
Stoutman wrote:

| Looking for plans for this boat if you got any.
|
|http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

With a suitable trailer, this would probably be a fitting decoration
for the driveway in front of Nikolai Sutyagin's 13-story house in (did
you remember the name of the town?) Arkhangelsk.

The transoms were designed to hold 722 outboard motors... or one
REALLY big one.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 29, 1:13 pm, "Saudade" wrote:
"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message

Looking for plans for this boat if you got any.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

I need a few board feet of cedar I think.

You can see more pics at: http://www.arkvannoach.com/themakingof.htm

Heeeeyyyy!!! He started off on a barge, fur cryingoutloud...Noah
didn't have a barge...not fair.

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

So, were did Noah get his engines, Johnson?

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...

The transoms were designed to hold 722 outboard motors... or one
REALLY big one.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 29, 1:47 pm, "CW" wrote:
So, were did Noah get his engines, Johnson?

"Robatoy" wrote in message

ups.com...

The transoms were designed to hold 722 outboard motors... or one
REALLY big one.

EVERYbody knows he didn't use engines.. he used trained manatees... or
one Huge manatee.

That's what the radio reporter exclaimed when the Hindenburg burst
into flames: "Oh The Huge Manatee!!"

I have this from a good source.

Posted to rec.woodworking

That's what the radio reporter exclaimed when the Hindenburg burst
into flames: "Oh The Huge Manatee!!"

I have this from a good source.

LOL!!

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Sat, Apr 28, 2007, 8:45pm .@. (Stoutman) doth sayeth:
Looking for plans for this boat if you got any.
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html
I need a few board feet of cedar I think.

You got the extras taken care of too?
http://pigstore.stores.yahoo.net/worbessuppoo.html

Nope, think you need gopher wood, along with pitch.

Don' need no steenkin' plans. Here's cmplete diections. Now, if
you can only figure out WTF a cubit is, Bob's your uncle.

So God said to Noah, "I am going to put an end to all people, for the
earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to
destroy both them and the earth. So make yourself an ark of gopher wood;
make rooms in it and coat it with pitch inside and out. This is how you
are to build it: The ark is to be 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide and 30
cubits high. Make a roof for it and finish the ark to within one cubit
of the top. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and
upper decks. I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all
life under the heavens, every creature that has breath of life in it..."
Genesis 6:13-17

JOAT
If you don't ask the right questions, the answers don't matter.
- W.S. Lind

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

That's what the radio reporter exclaimed when the Hindenburg burst
into flames: "Oh The Huge Manatee!!"

I have this from a good source.

Wrong! Actually he was referring to his brother-in-law, HUGH Manatee.
Hugh's the guy who was tending the lines on the Hindenburg and whose
last words were, "No Smoking sign? WHAT 'No Smoking' sign?"

Posted to rec.woodworking

(J T) opin'd thus:

[...]

"Riiiight."

"What's a cubit?"

-Noah (as quoted by Bill Cosby)

--
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
Posted to rec.woodworking

Don Fearn wrote:

"Riiiight."

"What's a cubit?"

-Noah (as quoted by Bill Cosby)

Would that be a long cubit or a short cubit?

--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000738-4, 05/07/2007
Tested on: 5/9/2007 1:46:05 AM

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bill in Detroit wrote:
| Don Fearn wrote:

|| "Riiiight."
|| "What's a cubit?"
|| -Noah (as quoted by Bill Cosby)
|
| Would that be a long cubit or a short cubit?

Possibly a metric cubit (tracable to the official standard bronze
cubit kept in the weights and measures section of the library at Al
Iskandria).

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 9, 8:26 am, "Morris Dovey" wrote:
Bill in Detroit wrote:
| Don Fearn wrote:

|| "Riiiight."
|| "What's a cubit?"
|| -Noah (as quoted by Bill Cosby)
|
| Would that be a long cubit or a short cubit?

Possibly a metric cubit (tracable to the official standard bronze
cubit kept in the weights and measures section of the library at Al
Iskandria).

G...and I suppose they keep the gold standard at Al Imoni?

Posted to rec.woodworking

And now you too can buy your very own cubit...

http://store.ncsli.org/Cubit_P126C37.cfm

--
Lloyd Baker
ps.com...
Bill in Detroit wrote:
| Don Fearn wrote:

|| "Riiiight."
|| "What's a cubit?"
|| -Noah (as quoted by Bill Cosby)
|
| Would that be a long cubit or a short cubit?

Possibly a metric cubit (tracable to the official standard bronze
cubit kept in the weights and measures section of the library at Al
Iskandria).

G...and I suppose they keep the gold standard at Al Imoni?

Posted to rec.woodworking

scouter3 wrote:
And now you too can buy your very own cubit...

http://store.ncsli.org/Cubit_P126C37.cfm

Nah, that won't work. It's an Egyptian cubit. It only works in the North
/ South orientation and, since the earth has shifted, is out of calibration.

Sheesh ... you'd think metrology labs would be up to date on this stuff.

Bill

--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000739-0, 05/09/2007
Tested on: 5/9/2007 9:36:57 PM

BOAT PLANS J T Woodworking 3 October 21st 06 12:57 AM
full plans submission - plans reqd for wiring ? [email protected] UK diy 3 January 5th 06 10:13 PM
Waterbed Plans - Aquarium Topper Plans Designer_Skills Woodworking 5 May 25th 05 02:04 PM
model boat making plans/book for 11 year old John Stumbles UK diy 23 November 7th 04 12:27 AM
Peg-gear-clock Plans - Woodworking Plans peg-gear-clock Woodturning 0 December 11th 03 11:10 PM