Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Teak oil odor

Recently, I stained the inside of a box with teak oil. It's a closed box
and the teak oil has left a strong unpleasant odor. Is there any way to get
rid of the smell?

Thanks,

Len Urban

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Len Urban" wrote in message
Recently, I stained the inside of a box with teak oil. It's a closed box
and the teak oil has left a strong unpleasant odor. Is there any way to
get rid of the smell?

Air.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Patience. Leave the box open in a well-ventilated area for 2 months.

Even if it is dry, it might respond to a good wiping with odorless
thinner. It might remove enough to speed things along.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

"George" wrote in message
. net...

"Len Urban" wrote in message
Recently, I stained the inside of a box with teak oil. It's a closed box
and the teak oil has left a strong unpleasant odor. Is there any way to
get rid of the smell?

Air.

Not sure air will do it. If its the stuff we used on our sailboat, I didn't
find it that objectionable but it stayed around for awhile. I still recall
stepping down into the cockpit and smelling it. Didn't mind - it reminded
me of sailing.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Len Urban" wrote in message
Recently, I stained the inside of a box with teak oil. It's a closed box
and the teak oil has left a strong unpleasant odor. Is there any way to
get rid of the smell?

Lot of air time, or a couple of coats of shellac.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"RonB" wrote in message

Not sure air will do it. If its the stuff we used on our sailboat, I
didn't find it that objectionable but it stayed around for awhile. I
still recall stepping down into the cockpit and smelling it. Didn't
mind - it reminded me of sailing.

Pretty much has to, else we've discovered a self-renewing vapor (energy?)
source.

Best Oil for Teak eclipsme Woodworking 3 February 2nd 07 02:08 PM
ECO-TEAK: A Big Fat Lie about teak outdoor furniture Akhter Home Ownership 0 December 20th 06 07:29 AM
ECO-TEAK: A Big Fat Lie about teak outdoor furniture. Akhter Woodworking 0 December 18th 06 08:39 AM
Teak Oil outdoors Chaprock Woodworking 19 May 5th 05 01:54 AM
Watco Teak Oil on outdoor furniture?! toller Woodworking 2 July 12th 04 03:00 PM