Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Aberration

On Apr 13, 10:15 pm, Larry Blanchard wrote:

I think I had a bout of temporary insanity today.
I've been doing less woodworking and more woodturning lately, and I suspect that ratio is going to continue if not grow even larger.

It's OK, Larry... really. Join us on the dark side of woodworking
at

rec.crafts.woodturning

In a more completely serious vein, I was really sick of woodworking
(my business!) until I started turning again about 10 years ago. It
made me appreciate the value of woodworking and why I started doing it
for a living a million years ago.

And woodturners are a different lot. Join your local turning club and
if it is a good one, you will see exactly what I mean. I think
woodturners enjoy talking about their goof ups as much as they do
their successes.

In my experience, it isn't nearly as stoic or serious a group as the
folks that seem to populate other aspects of woodworking.
Nonetheless, just as talented.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

charlieb wrote in news:46208E18.5376
@accesscom.com:

*snip: Stuff we all know to be true about turning*

Ya'll are in a heap of trouble now.

charlie b

Would you believe I just spent $50 on a grinder so I can make and
maintain tools for a $20 toy lathe? (Tools with other purposes don't
count right? I can "hide" the cost of the safety goggles and dust mask,
and power supply, right?) Oh yeah, there's also the $7 on a
dovetail/thin type saw so I can cut the dowel rods apart smoothly.

Puckdropper