Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Pictures on ABPW?

I've never had much luck with a.b.p.w.
Most of the servers I've tried won't let
me get near it, but now I've found one,
and I am missing posts. Most notable the
OP, which means that if any binaries are
attached to the OP, I miss out.

Anyone have this problem? And if so, is
there a solution?

Tanus
--
This is not really a sig.

http://users.compzone.ca/george/shop/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tanus" wrote in message ...
I've never had much luck with a.b.p.w. Most of the servers I've tried
won't let me get near it, but now I've found one, and I am missing posts.
Most notable the OP, which means that if any binaries are attached to the
OP, I miss out.

Anyone have this problem? And if so, is there a solution?

Tanus
--
This is not really a sig.

That can be a problem at times and oddly the original post will not show but
the follow up comments by the OP will. It probably has something to do with
file size when it does not show up from certain posters and or providers.
Some large files show up, some do not. Ain't hi-tech wonderful.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in
t:

"Tanus" wrote in message
I've never had much luck with a.b.p.w. Most of the servers I've tried
won't let me get near it, but now I've found one, and I am missing
posts. Most notable the OP, which means that if any binaries are
attached to the OP, I miss out.

Anyone have this problem? And if so, is there a solution?

Tanus
--
This is not really a sig.

That can be a problem at times and oddly the original post will not
show but the follow up comments by the OP will. It probably has
something to do with file size when it does not show up from certain
posters and or providers. Some large files show up, some do not.
Ain't hi-tech wonderful.

Hi tech is wonnerful! The challenge is that hosting a graphics
intensive Usenet site isn't cheap. Bandwidth and storage have to be
paid for, over time, by someone. Typically, with a reasonable fee, you
can get a decent feed and retention. Free sites, not so often. Folks
with other interests often overwhelm the graphics capable sites.

I get good service with the folks Comcast outsources to, whose name I
can't remember right now. Since I need the high priced cable modem speed
for work, it's a nice perk that comes along at no extra charge.

And Leon's right. There's often a little chaos in the 'Net.

Patriarch
Posted to rec.woodworking

Patriarch wrote:
"Leon" wrote in

[...]

Thanks guys. Now I realize it's not me -
well, it is to an extent. I could solve
this with a paid subscription, and I may
have to go that route.

Tanus
--
This is not really a sig.

http://users.compzone.ca/george/shop/

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
I visit
www.delorie.com daily for the 2 binaries sites as weekly and
monthly options are there for many pics.

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 10:39:39 -0400, Tanus wrote:

I've never had much luck with a.b.p.w.
Most of the servers I've tried won't let
me get near it, but now I've found one,
and I am missing posts. Most notable the
OP, which means that if any binaries are
attached to the OP, I miss out.

Anyone have this problem? And if so, is
there a solution?

Tanus

Thank you. I"ll try that.

Tanus

--
This is not really a sig.

http://users.compzone.ca/george/shop/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tanus" wrote in message
Thank you. I"ll try that.

Also consider Teranews.com. For a onetime fee of (think it's $3.95 or might
be completely free now), you get lifetime access with a download ratio of 50
megs per day. Note that I've frequently been able to download much more than
the 50 megs ratio.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I've been usign teranews for a few month now with their "free" service.

It's not as nice as my previous provider (retention is shorter and updates
are less frequent) but it is perfectly adequate and the price is right.

http://www.teranews.com/

-Steve

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Tanus" wrote in message
Thank you. I"ll try that.

Also consider Teranews.com. For a onetime fee of (think it's $3.95 or
might
be completely free now), you get lifetime access with a download ratio of
50
megs per day. Note that I've frequently been able to download much more
than
the 50 megs ratio.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Anyone have this problem?

On occasion. The biggest problem I have had is posting my own pictures.
Sometimes they don't show up on my end; but I can view the comments as they
show up as This isn't real common but maybe 10% of the time.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
I visit
www.delorie.com daily for the 2 binaries sites as weekly and
monthly options are there for many pics.

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 10:39:39 -0400, Tanus wrote:

I've never had much luck with a.b.p.w.
Most of the servers I've tried won't let
me get near it, but now I've found one,
and I am missing posts. Most notable the
OP, which means that if any binaries are
attached to the OP, I miss out.

Anyone have this problem? And if so, is
there a solution?

Tanus

I tried that site, and found the design
that Morris posted. Thanks Morris. It's
similar to my own and that's good news
for me. I trust your judgment and it
means I'm on the right track.

Tanus

--
This is not really a sig.

http://users.compzone.ca/george/shop/

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tanus wrote in :

*snip*

Thanks guys. Now I realize it's not me -
well, it is to an extent. I could solve
this with a paid subscription, and I may
have to go that route.

Tanus

You could try looking for a web-based copy of abpw. Just DAGS for (you
guessed it) alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

There's one site that came up that has pictures, not sure how old they
are. Someone had some pointy sticks on there.

Puckdropper

What is ABPW Don Dando Woodworking 2 November 16th 06 09:27 AM
Pictures in ABPW and comments. Robatoy Woodworking 3 August 21st 06 12:16 AM
ABPW ? Don Dando Woodworking 12 April 12th 06 03:32 AM
a few pictures on ABPW mike hide Woodworking 3 January 29th 05 02:07 AM
getting to ABPW Dan Cullimore Woodworking 2 June 28th 04 08:19 AM