Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Why didn't I think of this?

Posted to rec.woodworking

RayV wrote:

That's scary. It doesn't look sturdy enough be be either accurate or safe.
Posted to rec.woodworking

You value your life?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"RayV" wrote in message
ps.com...

Brings to mind the sport of power belt sander racing -- that thing looks
like it's set to take off across the room.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3 Apr 2007 12:33:37 -0700, "RayV" wrote:

Actually, I don't think it looks that bad, although it would be
reassuring if they had some sort of fence...

Is that a genuine Milwaukee on there or a "Chicago Electric" clone?

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.

Posted to rec.woodworking

RayV, wrote the following at or about 4/3/2007 2:33 PM:

Just hazarding (apt word to use, eh?) a guess he "Because you're not
suicidally insane?"

Posted to rec.woodworking

Brings to mind the sport of power belt sander racing -- that thing looks
like it's set to take off across the room.

Sounds like fun - just remove those end stops on the bars, get a long
extension cord, and 3 2 1 go!
It does look like it'd be a better circ saw launch pad than "radial
arm saw". Why not just make a sled? I usually use a right angle
cutoff guide, but I've been planning to make something like this:
http://www.canadianhomeworkshop.com/...d/sawbox.shtml
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

It isn't much worse than the one Ryobi makes (made). It didn't give me good
feelings either, but the aluminum siding guys liked them.

--
Charley

"SWDeveloper" wrote in message
On 3 Apr 2007 12:33:37 -0700, "RayV" wrote:

Somehow I don't trust that clamp based on the cost of this jig.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Somehow I don't trust that clamp based on the cost of this jig.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3 Apr 2007 12:33:37 -0700, "RayV" wrote:

For the same reason we would not sell some clown a large lot of arms,
tracks and rollerheads for "his special machine resale application"
Lets see, who has the deep pockets in that product liability
chain?.....

Frank

Posted to rec.woodworking

Charley, wrote the following at or about 4/3/2007 3:24 PM:
It isn't much worse than the one Ryobi makes (made). It didn't give me good
feelings either, but the aluminum siding guys liked them.

Boy, o, boy, I just don't know. I'm not sure I'd trust it with a 3-bit
molding head or a dado blade. That vertical support, even with the
added support from the height adjustment, doesn't look all that solidg

And, yeah, damned if that doesn't look like a genuine Milwaukee logo on
that blade guard. That's another thing, if they take the blade guard
and base off that saw it wouldn't be quite as heavy and maybe the
vertical would be sufficient.g

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hey! I've GOT one of those things! DOL's uncle
bought it on a whim, never put it together and
decided the space it occuppied in his garage
- still in its box - could be used for something
else. Left it on the end of my workbench while
I was out and about - with a note "Thought you
might get some use out of this thin."

So now I'm trying to figure out a way to use
it to hold a SMALL router on my JET mini-lathe
for fluting and maybe spiral cutting.

Thanks for the reminder.

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article om,
RayV wrote:

These things have been available in one form or another for 30 years that
I know of, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't first invented shortly
after the handheld circular saw.

Posted to rec.woodworking

The concept isn't that bad, but the execution might be a problem. And
at that price probably is.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 3, 5:59 pm, charlieb wrote:
Hey! I've GOT one of those things! DOL's uncle

Just curious - who's a DOL?
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 3, 3:33 pm, "RayV" wrote:

Oh goodie, goodie gumdrops.

Check the specs:

Saw capacity: 7-1/4'' and 7-1/2'' circular saws
Table length: 24''
Love this oneMaximum cutting thickness: 12-3/4''
Maximum miter & bevel: 45°
Rip capacity: 15-3/4'' that's a lot of meat.
Height: 22''
Weight: 23 lbs. That'll hurt when it hits you...

There ought to be a law.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Andy wrote:

Just curious - who's a DOL?

Typo - DIL - daughter in law

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3 Apr 2007 20:41:18 -0700, "Robatoy" wrote:

On Apr 3, 3:33 pm, "RayV" wrote:

Oh goodie, goodie gumdrops.

Check the specs:

Saw capacity: 7-1/4'' and 7-1/2'' circular saws
Table length: 24''
Love this oneMaximum cutting thickness: 12-3/4''
Maximum miter & bevel: 45°
Rip capacity: 15-3/4'' that's a lot of meat.
Height: 22''
Weight: 23 lbs. That'll hurt when it hits you...

There ought to be a law.

and there probly will be a law. right after the law suit that follows
the lost limb accident that will eventually happen with this
contraption. and yet, some fool will buy it!

skeez
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 3, 3:33 pm, "RayV" wrote:

The above link for the miter saw is now dead, I guess you guys bought
them all up.

This sanding attachment for a drill press looks like it might actually
work if you put something in the middle.

Posted to rec.woodworking

charlieb wrote:
Andy wrote:
Just curious - who's a DOL?

Typo - DIL - daughter in law

Aw shucks, I was going to give you credit for being a bit racy. Figured
it was either Dad of Lover or Daughter of Loverg

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 08:11:54 -0600, "Swingman" wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message

There ought to be a law.

Already covered under "Darwin".

Tort law too.

Mark
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message

"Robatoy" wrote in message

There ought to be a law.

Already covered under "Darwin".

Isn't that the law that our legislators are always trying to nullify?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message

There ought to be a law.

Already covered under "Darwin".

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 3, 3:33 pm, "RayV" wrote:

The Specifications for this item are not currently available online,
or the item has been discontinued

All I found today!

NORM