Posted to rec.woodworking

Default ideal table saw height

I'm adding castors to my table saw stand to make it more maneuverable.
This is going to make the table saw higher than it is currently which is
approx 950mm. Is there an ideal height for a table saw or does it depend
on the height of the person using it?
Thanks in advance.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"stetzner" wrote in message
I'm adding castors to my table saw stand to make it more maneuverable.
This is going to make the table saw higher than it is currently which is
approx 950mm. Is there an ideal height for a table saw or does it depend
on the height of the person using it?
Thanks in advance.

Ha! I remember asking this same question a long time ago. It wholly
depends on the person using it. I like mine to be about waist height.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

stetzner wrote:
I'm adding castors to my table saw stand to make it more maneuverable.
This is going to make the table saw higher than it is currently which
is approx 950mm. Is there an ideal height for a table saw or does it
depend on the height of the person using it?
Thanks in advance.

In my case, with a small shop, the idean height was the same as my already
existing bench; so the bench could be used to hold the ends of long pieces.
Same for drill press as much as possible. Oh, and my planer table. Adn
lathe, but only because I'm tall.

Posted to rec.woodworking

stetzner wrote:
I'm adding castors to my table saw stand to make it more maneuverable.
This is going to make the table saw higher than it is currently which
is approx 950mm. Is there an ideal height for a table saw or does it
depend on the height of the person using it?
Thanks in advance.

As long as the saw doesn't tip easily.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 31, 4:03 am, stetzner wrote:
I'm adding castors to my table saw stand to make it more maneuverable.
This is going to make the table saw higher than it is currently which is
approx 950mm. Is there an ideal height for a table saw or does it depend
on the height of the person using it?
Thanks in advance.

Where do you want to get hit if the saw kicks back?