Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The value of money and tools

Found this on Yahoo Finance. There's been a number of questions/
discussions
about how you should buy quality as it comes to tools. I think
this point sums up the point really nicely:

---

People often confuse the least expensive price with the best value.
Unfortunately, the products with the least expensive prices are often
a poor value. While price is an important factor that contributes to
value, it isn't the only factor that one needs to consider.

Solution: Look beyond price when you purchase a product. Consider how
long you need it to last along with its price. Other factors you
should consider that can contribute to value include quality, design,
warranties and repair costs. By taking all these factors into
consideration instead of focusing exclusively on price, you are much
more likely to walk away with something that will be of value.

----

Here's where I got it:

http://biz.yahoo.com/ts/070329/10347...rsonal-finance

MJ Wallace

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 18:45:47 -0500, DanG wrote:

When I die, just please don't let my wife sell my tools for what I
told her I paid for them.

A question on protocol here, is it dishonest not to include the tax?

Or to explain the drill cost $37 and omit the $47 Forstner bits, $20
scroll saw blades, $8 shop rags, $5 glue up brushes, two shop light
fixtures and corresponding 92 CRI flourescent bulbs, and an 8" stacked
dado set?

Posted to rec.woodworking

I would never have thought about telling about the bits, blades,
rags, bulbs, etc. Those are consumables, kinda like groceries - a
fixed budget item. And taxes, well, we all know taxes are a
government problem that is totally out of our hands, I just
couldn't imagine mentioning taxes.

No, I don't think it is dishonest. I was talking more about maybe
telling her the drill was on sale for xxxx, kinda like when she
buys something because it was on sale and tells about how much she
"saved".

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Steve Hall" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 18:45:47 -0500, DanG wrote:

When I die, just please don't let my wife sell my tools for
what I
told her I paid for them.

A question on protocol here, is it dishonest not to include the
tax?

Or to explain the drill cost $37 and omit the $47 Forstner bits,
$20
scroll saw blades, $8 shop rags, $5 glue up brushes, two shop
light
fixtures and corresponding 92 CRI flourescent bulbs, and an 8"
stacked
dado set?

Posted to rec.woodworking

DanG wrote:
When I die, just please don't let my wife sell my tools for what I
told her I paid for them.

LOL

Amen, brother.

--
This is not really a sig.

http://users.compzone.ca/george/shop/
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Found this on Yahoo Finance. There's been a number of questions/
discussions
about how you should buy quality as it comes to tools. I think
this point sums up the point really nicely:

---

Money IS a tool.

Bill

--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000730-1, 04/02/2007
Tested on: 4/3/2007 2:01:38 AM

Posted to rec.woodworking

DanG wrote:
When I die, just please don't let my wife sell my tools for what I
told her I paid for them.
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

I am totally honest about how much a tool costs. But I wait until she's
asleep in the another room to tell her. ;-)

Bill

--
http://nmwoodworks.com/cube

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000730-1, 04/02/2007
Tested on: 4/3/2007 2:04:43 AM