Posted to rec.woodworking

Default testickle

Can you go back in time, as well as forward? :-)

Renata

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 08:15:37 -0400, Tom Watson
wrote:

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Renata" wrote in message
Can you go back in time, as well as forward? :-)

He can at least send messages back in time since he sent that message from
the future. ;-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

I want to send a phone message back in time, to 1953 - to tell my
grandfather where invest his $2400 in poker winnings (instead of
buying a new car ;-)

And I still remember the phone number...

John

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Swingman" wrote in
:

"John" wrote in message

I want to send a phone message back in time, to 1953 - to tell my
grandfather where invest his $2400 in poker winnings (instead of
buying a new car ;-)

And I still remember the phone number...

Funny ... was just talking at lunch about my grandparents first 8
party line telephone circa 1948, and I also still remember the phone
number: "3458" in rural Eunice, La.

Talk about a less complicated world back then ... that's all there was
to it!

I prefer the more complicated ways these days. It was quite hard to
arrange a phone call to my parents in the early 70's, since it had to go
through an operator at a time the phone company decided was good. And it
was expensive! But we did get the crate of furniture over here,
eventually. Of course these days, we need a medium to get to talk to the
parents ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"John" wrote in message

I want to send a phone message back in time, to 1953 - to tell my
grandfather where invest his $2400 in poker winnings (instead of
buying a new car ;-)

And I still remember the phone number...

Funny ... was just talking at lunch about my grandparents first 8 party line
telephone circa 1948, and I also still remember the phone number: "3458" in
rural Eunice, La.

Talk about a less complicated world back then ... that's all there was to
it!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07

Posted to rec.woodworking

And I still remember the phone number...

I have an aunt who is so old, her phone number is 5.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
"John" wrote in message

I want to send a phone message back in time, to 1953 - to tell my
grandfather where invest his $2400 in poker winnings (instead of
buying a new car ;-)

And I still remember the phone number...

Funny ... was just talking at lunch about my grandparents first 8 party
line
telephone circa 1948, and I also still remember the phone number: "3458"
in
rural Eunice, La.

Talk about a less complicated world back then ... that's all there was to
it!

My grandmothers phone number was 4 digits up until the early to mid 60's. I
recall being told not to answer if it rang, it may not be a call for my
grandmother. Seemed confusing to me and you hoped that none of the people
on the party line ever got a call late in the night.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Somebody wrote:

I want to send a phone message back in time, to 1953 - to tell my
grandfather where invest his $2400 in poker winnings (instead of
buying a new car ;-)

And I still remember the phone number...

My mother has had the same phone number for over 40 years.

Before speed dial, I knew the number.

Today, if somebody asked, "What's your mother's phone number?", the
answer would be, "Star 9".

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Somebody wrote:

[snip]
My mother has had the same phone number for over 40 years.

Before speed dial, I knew the number.

Today, if somebody asked, "What's your mother's phone number?", the
answer would be, "Star 9".

Lew

Or two shorts and a long...
j4
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:

And I still remember the phone number...

I have an aunt who is so old, her phone number is 5.

Interesting. My mother's social security number was 5. (She died
recently at age 98). Tough old broad. Loved her.
sigh,
jo4hn

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

The hell you say! I tried that and got my mother ... how you doing,
brother!?

Steady by jerks.

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

jo4hn wrote:

Interesting. My mother's social security number was 5. (She died
recently at age 98). Tough old broad. Loved her.

If my mother makes it till mid April, she'll be 102.

A true red head of German parents, there is still fire in the belly.

Not as bright as it once was, but get out of line and she will still rip
you a new one.

Was living alone until January when she fell and suffered a compound
fracture of the lower right leg.

Had to put her in a nursing home and sell her house trailer which had
been home for almost 45 years.

She has all her marbles, it's just her body that is shot.

BTW, she hates the place, which I understand is quite common.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

I remember my grandmothers phone number being glenwood64257
It was still the same until the beginning of the year when she went into a
nursing home.

Searcher

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
jo4hn wrote:

Interesting. My mother's social security number was 5. (She died
recently at age 98). Tough old broad. Loved her.

If my mother makes it till mid April, she'll be 102.

A true red head of German parents, there is still fire in the belly.

Not as bright as it once was, but get out of line and she will still rip
you a new one.

Was living alone until January when she fell and suffered a compound
fracture of the lower right leg.

Had to put her in a nursing home and sell her house trailer which had
been home for almost 45 years.

She has all her marbles, it's just her body that is shot.

BTW, she hates the place, which I understand is quite common.

Lew

My mother hated her place too. Said it was full of old people and
cripples...
ah memories,
jo4hn

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:51:45 -0700, jo4hn
wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:
jo4hn wrote:

[...]

Until her (unexpected) death this month, my 86-year-old mother-in-law
lived alone, drove (daytime only, her choice) to church and store,
planted a large flower garden (2 years ago, she set out 300 pansies -
don't have a count for last year). She had had both hips replaced,
one knee, and had a pacemaker. She didn't much care for "old people"
(i.e., anyone who didn't manage as well as she did).

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

Well, Tom - Your reign of fame is about over. It's the 29th and tomorrow
this message will be begin to fade into memory.

Sad. I've had one of these over at rec.outdoors.rv-travel for most of a
month.

RonB

"Tom Watson" wrote in message