Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Please help Me!

Hello all
Sorry I'm new around Newsgroups
I have a quick question: Do the replies to my posts get emailed to me?
I would really appreciate your help in this regard.

Best Regards

Sacha Brassel

http://www.surf2site.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 8, 12:51 pm, "Sacha Brassel" wrote:
Hello all
Sorry I'm new around Newsgroups
I have a quick question: Do the replies to my posts get emailed to me?
I would really appreciate your help in this regard.

Best Regards

Sacha Brassel

http://www.surf2site.com

Did you get this in your email?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Andy wrote:
On Mar 8, 12:51 pm, "Sacha Brassel" wrote:
Hello all
Sorry I'm new around Newsgroups
I have a quick question: Do the replies to my posts get emailed to me?
I would really appreciate your help in this regard.

Did you get this in your email?

No, but I did! Stop it.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Jim Jim is offline

"Sacha Brassel" wrote in message
Hello all
Sorry I'm new around Newsgroups
I have a quick question: Do the replies to my posts get emailed to me?
I would really appreciate your help in this regard.

Best Regards

Sacha Brassel

http://www.surf2site.com

No, you read the replies in the newsgroup just like everybody else.
Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jim wrote:

"Sacha Brassel" wrote in message

Hello all
Sorry I'm new around Newsgroups
I have a quick question: Do the replies to my posts get emailed to me?
I would really appreciate your help in this regard.

Best Regards

Sacha Brassel

http://www.surf2site.com

No, you read the replies in the newsgroup just like everybody else.
Jim

It depends on what the person sending the reply does. He can either
post it to the newsgroup, or email it to you. If he emails it, nobody
but you will see it.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sacha:

This is a newsgroup, not a forum. This is wide open to all, and everyone,
who wants to read.
I presume your domain mweb.co.za means you are in South Africa.

You should not EVER use your email address on a place like this. Lots of
Trolls and other bad guys try to find email address for email spam. You
need to modify your newsreader to list your address to be something that
hides, or spoofs, your address; something like
as an example of a spoofed
address. You pick your own.

Again, not safe to use your real name or email in a place like this. Saw
Mill Creek Forum, which is hosted and moderated, is different story.

Phil

"Sacha Brassel" {deleted} wrote in message
Hello all
Sorry I'm new around Newsgroups
I have a quick question: Do the replies to my posts get emailed to me?
I would really appreciate your help in this regard.

Best Regards

Sacha Brassel

http://www.surf2site.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Phil-in-MI" wrote:

Again, not safe to use your real name or email in a place like this.

I don't seem to have any problems; however, using 98SE, Mozilla, and
staying out of porn sites may have something to do with it.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
k.net...

I don't seem to have any problems; however, using 98SE, Mozilla, and
staying out of porn sites may have something to do with it.

Lew

What fun is that? ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

.... But, actually, spammers
don't seem to trawl usenet so much any more. Hey, half the spammers don't
even
know what usenet is! They mostly tend to use webpage crawlers these days
for
email address harvesting, and spyware that leeches peoples Outlook
addressbooks.

Yes, I agree that may be true. I, however, in my gut cannot trust what I
want to be true, to be in fact true. Just a clinched gut reaction.

Phil

Posted to rec.woodworking

Peter Huebner writes:

Using your real email address is a different story. But, actually, spammers
don't seem to trawl usenet so much any more.

I was going to disagree, but I checked. I use unique e-mails tagged
with the date on my postings here, so I know WHEN the spammers
harvested my e-mails. According to my logs, I got three spam attempts
this week from adresses harvested in May 2006.

In other words, they haven't harvested any of my USENET addresses
since June 2006.