Posted to rec.woodworking
DEB DEB is offline

Default SAWTENSIONING Book ?

Is there a proper Handbook of
SAW TENSIONING?

I have to tension A Still circular Saw 1700 mm dia
10 mm thick RPM 1760 used to cut steels maximun temp 1500 C
My saw is vibrating at that speed for imporper tension.

Is there a good handbook where i can learn all theoretical and
trchnical asp-ects of Saw tensioning , Saw repair?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"DEB" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there a proper Handbook of
SAW TENSIONING?

I have to tension A Still circular Saw 1700 mm dia
10 mm thick RPM 1760 used to cut steels maximun temp 1500 C
My saw is vibrating at that speed for imporper tension.

Is there a good handbook where i can learn all theoretical and
trchnical asp-ects of Saw tensioning , Saw repair?

Might not have exactly what you need, but this is a great book for many
types of shop machinery repair and setup:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/156158424X?...G92NXN6C9VEWM&

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 26 Feb 2007 13:51:55 -0800, "DEB" wrote:

Is there a proper Handbook of
SAW TENSIONING?

Yes, several. For a saw of that size, talk to its manufacturer.

I have to tension A Still circular Saw 1700 mm dia
10 mm thick RPM 1760 used to cut steels maximun temp 1500 C
My saw is vibrating at that speed for imporper tension.

So talk to whoever doctors big saws in your neighbourhood. A saw that
size is _not_ something to be learning on. It's a non-trivial subject.

And at 10mm thick, you also need machinery you probably don't have to
hand (although I notice Harbor Freight are now selling one!)
Posted to rec.woodworking
DEB DEB is offline

Thank you for your kind information. I am in INDIA . And Sawing or
woodcutting is not a big Industry here; like Canada , Australia /
Newzeland expert Sawdoctors in this field are not available.

I actually want to learn every detail of SAW tensioning from
theoretical and practical aspect.

The manufacturer produces diferent sized STEEL CUTTING saws dia
1000-2200mm( 40'' - 80'), thick 10mm and they tension according to
their need.
Actually thicker saws are not required to tension at
all in many cases as they are well machined.
Instead of their tensioning - the Big saws are failing and vibrating-
i e their SAW DOCTORS are failing to tension it. Its probably due to
a wrong amount of ROLL TENSIONING they are using.

Amount of Required tension depends on several aspects like
a) TEMP Gradient ASPECT 900-1500 DEGREE C
(in this case )
b) ELASTICITY aspect or tension and leveling
c) Rolling machine Engineering aspect.
d) Composition od Steel to be Cut
etc.......

I am doing Theoretical calculations- i need to learn all theoretical
details of the TENSIONING.I want a book which describes the tensionig
method from a theoretical and practical viewpoint from zero .

REGARDS
A deb mallick

Yes, several. For a saw of that size, talk to its manufacturer.

I have to tension A Still circular Saw 1700 mm dia
10 mm thick RPM 1760 used to cut steels maximun temp 1500 C
My saw is vibrating at that speed for imporper tension.

So talk to whoever doctors big saws in your neighbourhood. A saw that
size is _not_ something to be learning on. It's a non-trivial subject.

And at 10mm thick, you also need machinery you probably don't have to
hand (although I notice Harbor Freight are now selling one!)

Which saw to use on a book ? AL Woodworking 21 October 21st 05 10:46 PM
Book wws Metalworking 2 August 2nd 05 01:43 PM
Anybody get the book? Maverick Woodworking 29 February 13th 05 10:46 PM
A&C book, anyone have this or seen this one? Larry Jaques Woodworking 5 January 16th 05 05:21 AM
New Book John Jordan Woodturning 2 July 28th 03 04:06 PM