Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need some wood advice

Hi everyone,

I am hoping that someone here might be able to give me some advice on
a bathroom vanity that I recently purchased.. Anyway, to start with,
this is it.

http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Wins...k_Cabinet/120/

The problem is that the vanity is way to high for my bathroom since it
is in the basement and has low ceilings. I realize that I made a
mistake but I can't stand the idea of parting with this vanity. I have
considered removing the apron part of the vanity along with the legs
but I think that will completely destroy it. Does anyone here have any
advice. I mean, are most high end vanitys this tall and does anyone
ever put them in bathrooms with low ceilings??

Sorry if I'm rambling here but I'm just kind of worried about this

Anthony

Posted to rec.woodworking

My basement vanity is 33" to the top with low ceilings meaning less
than 8 feet. How low are your ceilings? It is more a question are you
that tall that a 37" vanity is not too tall? Then I would think the
low ceiling is going to bother you more than a high vanity.

On 22 Feb 2007 16:17:38 -0800, wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am hoping that someone here might be able to give me some advice on
a bathroom vanity that I recently purchased.. Anyway, to start with,
this is it.

http://www.homedecorators.com/P/Wins...k_Cabinet/120/

The problem is that the vanity is way to high for my bathroom since it
is in the basement and has low ceilings. I realize that I made a
mistake but I can't stand the idea of parting with this vanity. I have
considered removing the apron part of the vanity along with the legs
but I think that will completely destroy it. Does anyone here have any
advice. I mean, are most high end vanitys this tall and does anyone
ever put them in bathrooms with low ceilings??

Sorry if I'm rambling here but I'm just kind of worried about this

Anthony

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hi,

The low ceilings do bother me but there is really nothing that can be
done to raise them without moving a number of gaslines and drains and
water pipes. I am about 6'1 and I would guess that the ceiling is just
a bit taller than I am. Is there any trick to making a ceiling look
higher than it is (colors, wallpapers, whatever).

Anthony

Posted to rec.woodworking

I primed my basement bathroom after about 8 years. The drywall guys
hung greenboard. The room looks bigger and brighter with the white
primer barely covering the greenboard. Do not paint dark colors is the
first size illusion rule. Don't put a lolot of stuff in the room is
the second. Third is don't put big thngs in a small room but you
tossed that idea out.

On 22 Feb 2007 16:55:12 -0800, wrote:

Hi,

The low ceilings do bother me but there is really nothing that can be
done to raise them without moving a number of gaslines and drains and
water pipes. I am about 6'1 and I would guess that the ceiling is just
a bit taller than I am. Is there any trick to making a ceiling look
higher than it is (colors, wallpapers, whatever).

Anthony

Posted to rec.woodworking

In proportion it will look out of place however if you like the piece, stay
with it. There is no right or wrong way here. Being that you are that tall,
a higher vanity would be easier to use.
Allen
oups.com...