Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Planer in Delaware?

I have come into a fair amount of 50+ year old milled Black Walnut. Its
rough and I need it planed. I am practicing the "neander" way on one
peice but its not going well. Needless to say it isnt going well. Is
there any one in Delaware with a planer that can do this for me for a
price or a trade?

Thanks,
Andy (the lurker)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"CW" wrote in message
nk.net...
Very likely there is, yes.

What he said.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 11:44:13 -0500, Andy Hastings
wrote:

I have come into a fair amount of 50+ year old milled Black Walnut. Its
rough and I need it planed. I am practicing the "neander" way on one
peice but its not going well. Needless to say it isnt going well. Is
there any one in Delaware with a planer that can do this for me for a
price or a trade?

Thanks,
Andy (the lurker)

I don't know where you are in Delaware, but there was a lady who ran a mill
just over the line in Pennsylvania on Route 52. She was located on the left
hand side of the road, behind the Presbyterian Church in Mendenhall.

I purchased some walnut from her a number of years ago and one of her guys
planed it to the exact dimension that I need to replace a piece of an antique
reed organ.

If she is still there, I don't know and if she would plane already owned lumber
is something else that I cannot answer. I don't live in that part of the world
anymore, so I can't do any better than what I have given you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:12:03 -0500, Bill Waller
wrote:

If she is still there, I don't know and if she would plane already owned lumber
is something else that I cannot answer. I don't live in that part of the world
anymore, so I can't do any better than what I have given you.

A "fair amount" of free lumber much make purchasing a $300 lunchbox
planer worthwhile.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks Barry, but if I could have gone out and purchased a planer do you
think I would be asking for help here?
$300 is a substantial purchase for some.
AndyH

wrote:
If she is still there, I don't know and if she would plane already owned lumber
is something else that I cannot answer. I don't live in that part of the world
anymore, so I can't do any better than what I have given you.

A "fair amount" of free lumber much make purchasing a $300 lunchbox
planer worthwhile.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 09:24:12 -0500, Andy H
wrote:

Thanks Barry, but if I could have gone out and purchased a planer do you
think I would be asking for help here?
$300 is a substantial purchase for some.

Since a mill probably won't do it for free, it was only a suggestion.

I agree $300 is a chunk of change.