Posted to uk.d-i-y,rec.woodworking

Default Well done APTC

I ordered a benchtop morticer on Monday afternoon, and it duly arrived on
Wednesday around 1pm.

When I opened the box the polystyrene inside was all broken up which I
thought didn't bode well. Sure enough when I removed it and exposed the
machine, the base casting was in 2 pieces. A phone call to Axminster
customer services got the reply that they couldn't do anything immediately
as their computer systems were down, but they would call back as soon as
they were up and running.

I went and had a helping of retail therapy as SWMBO put it between 3.30 and
4.30. When I got back SWMBO said that APTC had called back and had told her
to tell me to pack it up ready for collection today (Thursday)by the carrier
and that I could expect a new one either Friday or Saturday.

Sure enough 10am today the carrier turns up to collect 1 dodgy box of bits
but also has a replacement on board for me in perfect health.

Well done Axminster Power Tool Centre, that is what I call quick customer
service.

Micky