Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dovetail jigs -- yet another post!

Did anybody notice Wood Magazine's review of "dovetail jigs under
$350" in the lastest issue (March 2007)?

I'm a little suspicious that Leigh persuaded the editors to draw the
line at $350 so the $400 Akeda would not be a contender. They know the
Akeda would not win in jigs greater than $350, too. However, in the
$200 to $400 range Akeda would probably win, IMHO.

In other news, I see Porter-Cable has announced their new and improved
Omnijig, to be availabe in May 2007 (http://www.porter-cable.com/
omnijig/). Anyone have any pre-release info on it? A suggested retail
price, for example.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I saw a vesion at IWF in Atlanta back in the summer.
Prices were not discussed but you can bet it will be
really close to the Leigh.

One other thing... it will also be able to do M&T
joinery with a "attachment". It is pretty clear
what audience this is aimed at....

I wondered why it took them this long...

Dovetail jigs Rick Samuel Woodworking 11 February 2nd 06 05:17 PM
Dovetail Jigs Jimmy Woodworking 40 January 1st 06 01:15 AM
Dovetail Jigs david lang UK diy 5 September 13th 05 10:10 PM
Dovetail Jigs [email protected] Woodworking 9 October 7th 04 02:37 PM
DIY dovetail jigs? Charlie Mraz Woodworking 16 June 28th 04 02:19 AM