DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Happiness is: ? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/190223-re-happiness.html)

Swingman January 24th 07 04:39 PM

Happiness is: ?

When both your WWII's come back from Forrest after sharpening and as good as
new!

(A good case could be made that procrastinators really need three.)

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/06/07

[email protected] January 24th 07 06:10 PM

Happiness is: ?

Hey, that brings up a question that has puzzled me. As a fairly novice
woodworker, when DO you need to get your blade sharpened? How do you
know?

Edwin Pawlowski January 24th 07 06:22 PM

Happiness is: ?

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey, that brings up a question that has puzzled me. As a fairly novice
woodworker, when DO you need to get your blade sharpened? How do you
know?

You'll know. When take a bit more effort pushing the wood, the cut is not
as smooth as you remember it, you get a bit of splintering, or you just cut
a couple of nails in half.

I sent a few blades to Ridge Carbide Tool in New Jersey. Two came back as
good as new, the third one better than new. Although none were made by
Ridge, they sharpen any brand.

Lou January 24th 07 07:30 PM

Happiness is: ?

On Jan 24, 12:22 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
wrote in ooglegroups.com... Hey, that brings up a question that has puzzled me. As a fairly novice
woodworker, when DO you need to get your blade sharpened? How do you
know? You'll know. When take a bit more effort pushing the wood, the cut is not

as smooth as you remember it, you get a bit of splintering, or you just cut
a couple of nails in half.

I sent a few blades to Ridge Carbide Tool in New Jersey. Two came back as
good as new, the third one better than new. Although none were made by
Ridge, they sharpen any brand.

What did they charge you?

CW January 24th 07 07:47 PM

Happiness is: ?

You could, of course, go to their website were they have a price list.

"Lou" wrote in message
oups.com...

What did they charge you?