Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Gutless R/O sander

Hi all,

Any ideas as to why my Makita random orbit sander, which I dearly love,
would have become absolutely gutless ???

I took it apart to examine the brushes but they seemed fine. While I had
the cover off I also cleaned the commutator. No change at all.

With no load it revs right up but if you set it lightly on a piece of
wood the darn thing stalls.

Thinking about it now, I think I put new brushes in it two or three
years ago.

Wha hoppen ???

Thanks much,

Perk (:)

--
Note --- My real email is perkatwavecabledotcom
Posted to rec.woodworking

Try blowing out the motor withncompressed air.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:16:39 -0800, Perk
wrote:

Hi all,

Any ideas as to why my Makita random orbit sander, which I dearly love,
would have become absolutely gutless ???

I took it apart to examine the brushes but they seemed fine. While I had
the cover off I also cleaned the commutator. No change at all.

With no load it revs right up but if you set it lightly on a piece of
wood the darn thing stalls.

Thinking about it now, I think I put new brushes in it two or three
years ago.

Did you take the pad off and have a look in there? There's usually a
piece in there that is part of the brake that wears out, it's a
plastic ring. Maybe just a cleaning and reseating will take care of
it.

-Leuf
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Perk" wrote in message

Any ideas as to why my Makita random orbit sander, which I dearly love,
would have become absolutely gutless ???

Can't speak for Makita, buy DeWalt has a wear part under the pad. You even
get a spare with the sander when you buy it. Still have the manual?