Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Child car bed ideas ?

My son, soon to be 2 years old, needs a bed. I looked at Toys R us and
similar companies for ideas. Unfortunately, the room is not big and Little
tikes, although having interesting features doesn't fit in the room.

Anyway, Do you have ideas I can build that looks "cool" ? At one point, I
wanted to add tires, pneumatic-lift suspension, head lights, etc... and
wifey said no...

Maybe a truck like bed, or a fireman truck, he is into cars and trucks a
lot...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Junkyard Engineer" wrote in message
My son, soon to be 2 years old, needs a bed. I looked at Toys R us and
similar companies for ideas. Unfortunately, the room is not big and Little
tikes, although having interesting features doesn't fit in the room.

Anyway, Do you have ideas I can build that looks "cool" ? At one point, I
wanted to add tires, pneumatic-lift suspension, head lights, etc... and
wifey said no...

Maybe a truck like bed, or a fireman truck, he is into cars and trucks a
lot...

Well - here's one site...

http://www.woodcraftplans.com/u655.htm

A google search will turn up a ton more. Have fun.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Junkyard Engineer wrote:

Maybe a truck like bed, or a fireman truck, he is into cars and trucks a
lot...

Go to a junk yard, buy a bed from an S10 or Ranger (or if you need even
smaller one of the little imports), sit it in the room and put mattress in
bed.

Posted to rec.woodworking

When my daughter turned 2, we went to Toys R Us and bought a toddler bed
that used the exsisting crib mattress. When she out grew that a year and a
half later, I built her a treehouse bed. Got the bed off the floor so she
had more play room and she loved it up until last year when she kept hitting
her head on the ceiling. Built it in a week using 2x wood , plywood, and
1x's

Allen

"Junkyard Engineer" wrote in message
My son, soon to be 2 years old, needs a bed. I looked at Toys R us and
similar companies for ideas. Unfortunately, the room is not big and Little
tikes, although having interesting features doesn't fit in the room.

Anyway, Do you have ideas I can build that looks "cool" ? At one point, I
wanted to add tires, pneumatic-lift suspension, head lights, etc... and
wifey said no...

Maybe a truck like bed, or a fireman truck, he is into cars and trucks a
lot...

playhouse bed ideas/suggestions? TB Woodworking 0 March 21st 06 09:33 PM
INSPIRATION - Car Bed J T Woodworking 0 November 11th 05 07:52 PM
FS: Flat bed/Car Hauler Trailer Marty Escarcega Metalworking 0 June 27th 05 02:39 AM
OT Kinda: Wood bed board dimensions for 1951 Ford pickup bed DL Woodworking 5 May 10th 05 12:34 AM
ideas for entire room bed Austin UK diy 16 November 7th 04 08:54 AM