Posted to rec.woodworking

Default my new infill what do you think?

here is a link to it. it is a brass and steel pocket infill. the sides
are 1/8" brass and the sole 1/4" steel. the wood is African Blackwood.
it's not perfect but it works great and the iron is bedded at 12
degrees. the iron is 1/4" thick and 1.5" why. the plane is about 5"
long almost 2" wide and 2" high.
http://tinyurl.com/ylusx4
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve knight" wrote in message

here is a link to it. it is a brass and steel pocket infill. the sides
are 1/8" brass and the sole 1/4" steel. the wood is African Blackwood.
it's not perfect but it works great and the iron is bedded at 12
degrees. the iron is 1/4" thick and 1.5" why. the plane is about 5"
long almost 2" wide and 2" high.
http://tinyurl.com/ylusx4

Very nice Steve, are you doing the metal work also?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 05:35:36 GMT, "Leon"

Very nice Steve, are you doing the metal work also?

yes I did everything on the plane. the metal work has been a steep
learning curve and lots of mistakes. learning to use the mill has been
far different then a woodworking tool.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Steve knight" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 05:35:36 GMT, "Leon"

Very nice Steve, are you doing the metal work also?

yes I did everything on the plane. the metal work has been a steep
learning curve and lots of mistakes. learning to use the mill has been
far different then a woodworking tool.

Good for you Steve. It is always good to learn something new.