Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Fein Sander Repair

I have used my Fein almost weekly for eight years. It is now acting
erratically. Anyone had experience with repairs on a Fein. I sent an
email to Fein customer service and never got a reply. Great machine
but lousy customer service.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Joe Bleau wrote:

I have used my Fein almost weekly for eight years. It is now acting
erratically. Anyone had experience with repairs on a Fein. I sent an
email to Fein customer service and never got a reply. Great machine
but lousy customer service.

THREE QUESTIONS;

1) Have you checked the brushes?

2) Are you sure you contacted Fein/USA in Pittsburgh?

You are obviously out of warranty.

3) Why not check for a local authorized service center?

Lew
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 01:07:12 -0500, Joe Bleau wrote:

I have used my Fein almost weekly for eight years. It is now acting
erratically. Anyone had experience with repairs on a Fein. I sent an
email to Fein customer service and never got a reply. Great machine
but lousy customer service.

Generally speaking, outside the computer industry "sending an email" is
not generally the most effective way to get a response from a business.
Did you use the form on their web site? Did you try a second time?
Did you try the 800 number? Did you try the nearest repair center?

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Posted to rec.woodworking

Joe Bleau wrote:
I have used my Fein almost weekly for eight years. It is now acting
erratically. Anyone had experience with repairs on a Fein. I sent an
email to Fein customer service and never got a reply. Great machine
but lousy customer service.

I will vouch for Fein in Canada. Those people are great. E-mails are
often followed up by a phone-call.

Lew's suggestion to check the brushes is a good one.

Weekly for 8 years.... that's not too shabby if all you need is brushes.