Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default cabinet building software

I've recently decided to start building custom kitchen cabinets in my
area. I'm an old fogey when it comes to design technique and I can put
down quite the lot of people with my tsquare.

I'm looking for some design software that will allow me to design my
cabinetry. There are quite a few out there and I wondered if anyone
had any reccommendations on what would fit my needs. Below is a list
of what I would like to have and how important each is to me:

1) must be able to print a cut list of all materials. this is
essential.
2) ability to show me how to lay out my pieces on my sheets of plywood
to make the most efficient use of them
3) ability to take in how much my stock costs me and estimate how much
money it's going to cost for each of my plans
4) should be fairly easy to use, though i'm not dead set against
learning something new if it will save me time in the long run.
5) I would like something wizard driven to get me started. i.e. set
my dimentions of the cabinet style, and it will start me with a basic
design
6) 3d modeling of the finished product. This isnt utterly necessary
but a 3d image of the finished product would help my sales team
immensely.
7) price should be low. This is probably a given, but the cheaper the
software, the better. I'm not opposed to spending a thousand bucks for
a piece of software, but it should be worth what i'm paying.

Much appreciated