Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Just saw a commercail on tv...

Just saw a comercial for a new tool from Craftsman. It's a Comp Carver
(I think that is what they called it).

It looks like a portable planer, but you go on your computer and design
a carving, like a fleur d' leise ( Saint's logo??) and load it on a card
that slips into the "planer", you put in a peice of wood and it will
carve the design into the wood.

$1899.99 was the price.....

Anybody seen one in person?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Mapdude wrote:
Just saw a comercial for a new tool from Craftsman. It's a Comp Carver
(I think that is what they called it).

It looks like a portable planer, but you go on your computer and design
a carving, like a fleur d' leise ( Saint's logo??) and load it on a card
that slips into the "planer", you put in a peice of wood and it will
carve the design into the wood.

$1899.99 was the price.....

Anybody seen one in person?

I saw the commercial, haven't seen one in person. Ran across this,
though:
http://lumberjocks.com/jocks/decoustudio/blog/56

Apparently Sears licensed the machine.
http://www.carvewright.com/
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Art Ransom" wrote in
:

Saw it at the Dallas show. Not bad except everything is property.
Finishing up my 4 axis CNC mill to do columns 24" by 12' see at
www.turningaround.org

Do you mean "proprietary" instead of "property"?

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

That huge lathe is bitchen! And I haven't used that word in 30 years.

Turning never interested me that much but that would be very cool. Size
matters.

--
Art Ransom
Lancaster , Texas