Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Furniture designs

For those that are interested: I found a website that has furniture for
sale where most of the pieces have the CAD drawing and measurements. If
you want to make one of his pieces it would be VERY easy. Not sure why he
did this. I am going to print some off to use as guides for future
projects.

http://www.johanwoodworking.com/gallery.html

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

Stoutman wrote:
I found a website that has furniture for
sale where most of the pieces have the CAD drawing and measurements. If
you want to make one of his pieces it would be VERY easy.

When he learns which way round to put the dovetails on a drawer, I
might take you up on that...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 27 Dec 2006 17:13:27 -0800, "Andy Dingley "
wrote:

Stoutman wrote:
I found a website that has furniture for
sale where most of the pieces have the CAD drawing and measurements. If
you want to make one of his pieces it would be VERY easy.

When he learns which way round to put the dovetails on a drawer, I
might take you up on that...

Hadn't browsed the site to that level of detail. That is kind of
disconcerting, isn't it? Prices seem pretty reasonable, must be some level
of production in order to make those prices feasible.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
ps.com...

snip make one of his pieces it would be VERY easy.

When he learns which way round to put the dovetails on a drawer, I
might take you up on that...

I thought maybe those were proud finger jointed drawers like Darrell Peart
and Michael Colca feature on their work. :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Stoutman wrote:
I found a website that has furniture for
sale where most of the pieces have the CAD drawing and measurements. If
you want to make one of his pieces it would be VERY easy.

When he learns which way round to put the dovetails on a drawer, I
might take you up on that...

Well okay, they are "wrong" but with modern glues they aren't going to
fail. Why not expose the nice looking part? It's a different take.
Probably not something I'd do, but interesting.

-Leuf

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lowell Holmes" wrote in message

wrote in message
ps.com...

snip make one of his pieces it would be VERY easy.

When he learns which way round to put the dovetails on a drawer, I
might take you up on that...

I thought maybe those were proud finger jointed drawers like Darrell Peart
and Michael Colca feature on their work. :-)

I went to Colca's site, http://www.michaelcolca.com/default.asp.
His drawers are dovetailed not box joints, but visually similar.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
ps.com...

Stoutman wrote:
I found a website that has furniture for
sale where most of the pieces have the CAD drawing and measurements. If
you want to make one of his pieces it would be VERY easy.

When he learns which way round to put the dovetails on a drawer, I
might take you up on that...

I was about to say that his prices were very reasonable, but it does make
you wonder.

Near me someone actually rented a showroom for his work. His prices were
downright cheap, but the craftmanship was horrible. He randomly put cherry
sapwood in the middle of a panel, there were 1/8" gaps in his dovetails...
It was just a waste of otherwise good wood.
He disappeared after a couple months.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ah, the eternal struggle. One part of me says - "Damn it - I like the
angled thingies showing out front", another part of me says, "Gee, I wonder
if the glue joint will fail over time with the pulling motion of drawer
opening by my Grand-daugher with muscles like Hulk Hogan", and the third
half of me says - "Gee I think I would like to do it just cause people don't
think you should..".

And then the other part of me wonders, "I wonder if he KNEW you "shouldn't"
do it, and didn't care or if...."

Ahh bugger it - ima have another drink and think about Mekon's Wood.