DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Old Craftsman table saw (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/18705-old-craftsman-table-saw.html)

[email protected] July 23rd 03 03:27 AM

Old Craftsman table saw

I need someone help in identifying the start capacitor for my saw.
This saw 113.29903 was given to me by a friend. The top surface was
very rusty and the parts in need of a lot of cleaning and adjustment.
I have the saw back in working order but the motor needs a start
capacitor. The capacitor was thrown away along time ago. Also would
anyone know the age of this saw.

Motor Emerson KS55FN-349
1hp 115v 3450rpm

Thanks Steve

Sir Edgar July 23rd 03 04:42 AM

Old Craftsman table saw

Steve wrote:
Group: rec.woodworking Date: Tue, Jul 22, 2003, 7:28pm (EDT-3) From:

I need someone help in identifying the start capacitor for my saw. This
saw 113.29903 was given to me by a friend. The top surface was very
rusty and the parts in need of a lot of cleaning and adjustment. I have
the saw back in working order but the motor needs a start capacitor. The
capacitor was thrown away along time ago. Also would anyone know the age
of this saw.
Motor Emerson KS55FN-349
1hp 115v 3450rpm
Thanks Steve
I suggest taking it to a motor repair shop. It probably needs
reconditioning anyway. It will be cheaper than buying a new motor and
the old ones are better than the new ones. While it's bring refurbished
you can work on the rusty table. Peace ~ Sir Edgar
=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F 8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=
=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8=F8

Lee Gordon July 23rd 03 05:40 AM

Old Craftsman table saw

I need someone help in identifying the start capacitor for my saw.
This saw 113.29903 was given to me by a friend.

Have you tried the Emerson Tool website?
http://www.emersontoolcompany.com/

Bruce July 23rd 03 06:39 AM

Old Craftsman table saw

In rec.woodworking
(Sir Edgar) wrote:

I need someone help in identifying the start capacitor for my saw. This
saw 113.29903 was given to me by a friend. The top surface was very
rusty and the parts in need of a lot of cleaning and adjustment. I have
the saw back in working order but the motor needs a start capacitor. The
capacitor was thrown away along time ago. Also would anyone know the age
of this saw.
Motor Emerson KS55FN-349
1hp 115v 3450rpm
Thanks Steve

Steve,

Start caps are not critical if you err on the large side. I'd just browse
a catalog and compare similar HP motors and see what they're using. Not
enough could make it hard to start but too much is no big deal.

Wilson Lamb July 23rd 03 01:37 PM

Old Craftsman table saw

You didn't mention Sears. Have you tried the parts page? They have done
great for me.
Wilson
om...

keith nuttle July 24th 03 02:50 AM

Old Craftsman table saw

Try this site for many old tools and for your saw..

http://www.owwm.com/

http://files.owwm.com/PDF/Craftsman/113-29920.pdf

Randy A. July 26th 03 04:11 AM

Old Craftsman table saw

The capacitor on my motor does not have any markings. If you take it to a
motor repair shop, they should be able to help.

om...