Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Merry_Christmas_and_a_Gloat

Merry Christmas to my electric woodworking buddies!

My Gloat: Some Woodworking Gifts

SWMBO got me a Leigh D1600 dovetail dig, Marples chisels and The Complete
and the Illustrated Guide to Furniture and Cabinet Construction! Yippee!

I started reading the D1600 manual and I think it's going to take a little
practice and a lot of scrap wood.

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message

I started reading the D1600 manual and I think it's going to take a little
practice and a lot of scrap wood.

If it's anything like the D4, you should be up and running before you know
it!

I've used the D4 so much the last few weeks that I just kept it, and two
routers, setup the entire time.

Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/25/06

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 25, 11:13 am, "Stoutman" .@. wrote:
Merry Christmas to my electric woodworking buddies!

My Gloat: Some Woodworking Gifts

SWMBO got me a Leigh D1600 dovetail dig, Marples chisels and The Complete
and the Illustrated Guide to Furniture and Cabinet Construction! Yippee!

Sweet gifts! I just opened my new Veritas Bullnose Plane. Man, I've
been wanting one of these for a while now. I could've used it half a
dozen times in just the past month I think. I'm off to fettle and make
some shavings!

Safe and Happy Holidays to All!!!

JP

Posted to rec.woodworking

Stoutman wrote:
Merry Christmas to my electric woodworking buddies!

My Gloat: Some Woodworking Gifts

I got a nicely made easel, a box of oils and a pre-stretched canvas...I
think SO wants me to paint again. Also a Delphi MyFi XM radio with all
the goodies and a year's connection pre-paid...... oh.. and a copy of
Fred Binghams Boat Joinery and Cabinetmaking simplified. Did I mention
the peanutbutter cups?

Merry Christmas ya'll

Posted to rec.woodworking

Gee, I got a rock.

Actually, a super-flat bit of granite for sharpening...

Merry Christmas, all!

Jack

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message
Merry Christmas to my electric woodworking buddies!

Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

I got some "old Magazines"......I had mentioned to the family how
interesting I found some of the 1980's Fine Woodworking mags......My 22 yr
old daughter (with a broken foot) ordered me via ebay a couple of years
worth.... I'm tickled pink and it beats more socks by a long shot.

My broke and sometimes struggling 25 yr old son is getting the woodworking
bug (late bloomerg) so it was great fun getting him a okay set of chisels,
router bits and a small powered wet stone etc.....getting and giving warms
the heart....Rod

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Stoutman" .@. wrote in message
Merry Christmas to my electric woodworking buddies!

My Gloat: Some Woodworking Gifts

SWMBO got me a Leigh D1600 dovetail dig, Marples chisels and The Complete
and the Illustrated Guide to Furniture and Cabinet Construction! Yippee!

I started reading the D1600 manual and I think it's going to take a little
practice and a lot of scrap wood.

--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

I cleaned up!

Porter Cable Plate(biscuit) joiner.
Ridgid Random Orbit Sander
Ridgid 2 1/4 HP Router with fixed and plunge bases (played with it a little,
very nice!)
Router bit assortment
Band clamp
Sliding T bevel
Assorted Chisels
Assorted Drill bits
Tube O' Carpenter Pencils
48" Staight edge

Posted to rec.woodworking

Locutus wrote:

I cleaned up!

Porter Cable Plate(biscuit) joiner.
Ridgid Random Orbit Sander
Ridgid 2 1/4 HP Router with fixed and plunge bases (played with it a little,
very nice!)
Router bit assortment
Band clamp
Sliding T bevel