Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Where's Rod Serling?

Bought one of those jazzy glue roller bottles the other day. Now I
understand why Norm's projects drip and squeeze.

As I cleaned the shop I noticed the following on the cardboard insert:

"WARNING:
Using hand tools can be dangerous. Always be careful and keep away from
children. Use protective eyewear at all times and select the right tool for
the job."

It's a flippin glue bottle!!!!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"George" wrote in
:

*snip*

"WARNING:
Using hand tools can be dangerous. Always be careful and keep away
from children. Use protective eyewear at all times and select the
right tool for the job."

It's a flippin glue bottle!!!!

The reason for eye protection is not because the bottle will harm you,
but to remind yourself not to rub your eye with your gluey hands...

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

"George" wrote in message
.. .
Bought one of those jazzy glue roller bottles the other day. Now I
understand why Norm's projects drip and squeeze.

As I cleaned the shop I noticed the following on the cardboard insert:

"WARNING:
Using hand tools can be dangerous. Always be careful and keep away from
children. Use protective eyewear at all times and select the right tool
for the job."

It's a flippin glue bottle!!!!

Reading tiny fine print on warning labels might damage your eyesight!
In fact your mind might be attacked by reading these lines. You can't be too
careful!
Look down- watch your feet.
Look up-watch that beam.
Wear ear plugs-even when there's no noise.
Listen for- warning signs.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 10:03:51 -0500, "Frank Arthur"
wrote:

"George" wrote in message
. ..
Bought one of those jazzy glue roller bottles the other day. Now I
understand why Norm's projects drip and squeeze.

As I cleaned the shop I noticed the following on the cardboard insert:

"WARNING:
Using hand tools can be dangerous. Always be careful and keep away from
children. Use protective eyewear at all times and select the right tool
for the job."

It's a flippin glue bottle!!!!

Reading tiny fine print on warning labels might damage your eyesight!
In fact your mind might be attacked by reading these lines. You can't be too
careful!
Look down- watch your feet.
Look up-watch that beam.
Wear ear plugs-even when there's no noise.
Listen for- warning signs.

... and remember, every product, everywhere has components that have been
determined by the state of California to cause cancer

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 00:17:31 GMT, "George" wrote:

Bought one of those jazzy glue roller bottles the other day. Now I
understand why Norm's projects drip and squeeze.

As I cleaned the shop I noticed the following on the cardboard insert:

"WARNING:
Using hand tools can be dangerous. Always be careful and keep away from
children. Use protective eyewear at all times and select the right tool for
the job."

It's a flippin glue bottle!!!!

Well, there you go, just paying no attention to important safety concerns. I
would never use a glue bottle without eye protection. Why, what if you wanted
to know how much glue was in that bottle? Of course, you'd hold it up to your
eye and tilt it up to the light so you could see inside, wouldn't you? And the
next thing you know, all that glue would just come pouring out right into your
eye, and then where would you be?

It's careless people like you who give woodworking a bad reputation for safety.
You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Next, I suppose you'll tell us that you
don't where hearing protection when you use a screwdriver.

To reply by e-mail, use jcarlson631 at yahoo dot com

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 10:03:51 -0500, "Frank Arthur"
wrote:

"George" wrote in message
. ..
Bought one of those jazzy glue roller bottles the other day. Now I
understand why Norm's projects drip and squeeze.

As I cleaned the shop I noticed the following on the cardboard insert:

"WARNING:
Using hand tools can be dangerous. Always be careful and keep away from
children. Use protective eyewear at all times and select the right tool
for the job."

It's a flippin glue bottle!!!!

Reading tiny fine print on warning labels might damage your eyesight!

Too true. Some warning labels I've put under a microscope to read,
the damn printing is so small.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I just bought a Creative Zen Nano Plus mp3 player and in the manual it says

WARNING: The cord(s) included with this product may contain chemicals known
to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other
reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 22:49:59 -0500, bent wrote:

I just bought a Creative Zen Nano Plus mp3 player and in the manual it says

WARNING: The cord(s) included with this product may contain chemicals known
to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other
reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.

Yeah, that's the famous California Chicken Little Warning--almost
_everything_ sold in CA is required by law to have that warning or a
similar one on it. It's so ubiquitous that it destroys the utility of such
warnings.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Posted to rec.woodworking

George wrote:
Always be careful and keep away from children.

Sage advice.

;-)
--

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
John Lennon

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0662-1, 12/24/2006
Tested on: 12/25/2006 12:21:24 AM

Posted to rec.woodworking

Next, I suppose you'll tell us that you
don't where hearing protection when you use a screwdriver.

Of course I do. What would happen if the hammer slipped?

--

Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
John Lennon

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0662-1, 12/24/2006
Tested on: 12/25/2006 12:24:43 AM

Posted to rec.woodworking

bent wrote:
: I just bought a Creative Zen Nano Plus mp3 player and in the manual it says

: WARNING: The cord(s) included with this product may contain chemicals known
: to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other
: reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.

One of those is lead. It's apparently put into PVC to make it flexible for
things like appliance cords (and artificial Christmas trees). No regulation
in China on how much is allowed (there is in the US, but I'd be surprised
if many appliance cords are made here).

-- Andy Barss
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , John
wrote:

Well, there you go, just paying no attention to important safety concerns. I
would never use a glue bottle without eye protection. Why, what if you wanted
to know how much glue was in that bottle? Of course, you'd hold it up to your
eye and tilt it up to the light so you could see inside, wouldn't you? And
the
next thing you know, all that glue would just come pouring out right into your
eye, and then where would you be?

It's careless people like you who give woodworking a bad reputation for safety.

Sounds like an opportunity for GlueStop, Inc., to petitition the
Consumer Products Safety Commission, to mandate use of their
proprietary device on all glue bottles!

Kevin
Posted to rec.woodworking

John wrote:

Well, there you go, just paying no attention to important safety concerns. I
would never use a glue bottle without eye protection. Why, what if you wanted
to know how much glue was in that bottle? Of course, you'd hold it up to your
eye and tilt it up to the light so you could see inside, wouldn't you? And the
next thing you know, all that glue would just come pouring out right into your
eye, and then where would you be?

It's careless people like you who give woodworking a bad reputation for safety.
You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Next, I suppose you'll tell us that you
don't where hearing protection when you use a screwdriver.

You're from Minnesota right? Probably one of them Lutherans (s?).

Do you live any whee near Lake Wobegon?

Do you know Garrison Keilor?

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking

charlie b wrote:
John wrote:

Well, there you go, just paying no attention to important safety concerns. I
would never use a glue bottle without eye protection. Why, what if you wanted
to know how much glue was in that bottle? Of course, you'd hold it up to your
eye and tilt it up to the light so you could see inside, wouldn't you? And the
next thing you know, all that glue would just come pouring out right into your
eye, and then where would you be?

It's careless people like you who give woodworking a bad reputation for safety.
You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Next, I suppose you'll tell us that you
don't where hearing protection when you use a screwdriver.

You're from Minnesota right? Probably one of them Lutherans (s?).

Do you live any whee near Lake Wobegon?

Do you know Garrison Keilor?

charlie b

I'm all for clear, uncomplicated, forceful warnings when the danger is
real. I will always remember the large sign on the gate of a "safari
park" (you drive around in your car and see the lions, tigers, etc
roaming around unhindered) I took my daughter to. WARNING! GIVEN HALF
A CHANCE THESE ANIMALS WILL KILL YOU! No rolled down windows that day,
I guarantee you.

FoggyTown

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 05:29:30 +0000 (UTC), Andrew Barss
wrote:

bent wrote:
: I just bought a Creative Zen Nano Plus mp3 player and in the manual it says

: WARNING: The cord(s) included with this product may contain chemicals known
: to the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other
: reproductive harm. Wash hands after handling.

One of those is lead. It's apparently put into PVC to make it flexible for
things like appliance cords (and artificial Christmas trees). No regulation
in China on how much is allowed (there is in the US, but I'd be surprised
if many appliance cords are made here).

-- Andy Barss

As time passes, there's going to be so much unhappiness with some
aspects of product performance for the lack of lead in a product.

Anyone see the story on History (or was it Discover) channel about
what happens when lead isn't in solder? Tin whiskering. That's going
to cause some of our high tech gadgets to no work.

And lead in PVC. Cord flex life is already a problem. Take lead out
and it's gonna get bigger.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 00:21:24 -0500, Bill in Detroit
wrote:

George wrote:
Always be careful and keep away from children.

And adults that behave like children.