Posted to rec.woodworking

Default VFD drive for woodworking machine

Anyone know of a source for 1 ph to 3 ph vfd drives that are cheap.
I've installed 30hp 1 ph to 3 ph Sq. D drives on machines before for
friends, but I don't have the source they had. Jack

Posted to rec.woodworking

Try your local SquareD distributor again and ask to see literature on the
Altivar 11 series. Reasonably priced and go from 1/4hp to 1hp. If you need a
larger size the Altivar 31 goes from 1/4hp to 3 hp. If you are looking to
control a larger yet size, the Altivar 71 will go up to a 7.5hp.. Also what
are you trying to do with it? If you are looking to run a 3ph. motor with a
1ph drive, it maybe a waste of money. Cheap drives burn up quite easily.

Allen

"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone know of a source for 1 ph to 3 ph vfd drives that are cheap.
I've installed 30hp 1 ph to 3 ph Sq. D drives on machines before for
friends, but I don't have the source they had. Jack

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jack wrote:
Anyone know of a source for 1 ph to 3 ph vfd drives that are cheap.

Try a note up the chimney and a really big stocking.

Hey, you said _cheap_. I'm not being any less realistic than you were!

Posted to rec.woodworking

I need a drive for a 5 hp motor. The 30hp cost $2000.00 three years
ago. I'll find one.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 21, 8:18 pm, "Jack" wrote:
I need a drive for a 5 hp motor. The 30hp cost $2000.00 three years
ago. I'll find one.

Check eBay.
JP

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jack,

Try this:
http://web2.automationdirect.com/adc...ves_-z-_Motors

You didn't mention what size you need, but a 1 HP 230 volt, single phase
input, three phase output drive is $125.00 (GS1-21PO).

Regards,

Rick

"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone know of a source for 1 ph to 3 ph vfd drives that are cheap.
I've installed 30hp 1 ph to 3 ph Sq. D drives on machines before for
friends, but I don't have the source they had. Jack

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jack,

Again,
http://web2.automationdirect.com/adc...ves_-z-_Motors

The GS2-25PO is 5 HP, 230 V 3ph in, 230V 3ph out ... $339.00.

Merry Christmas,

Rick

"Jack" wrote in message
ups.com...

I need a drive for a 5 hp motor. The 30hp cost $2000.00 three years
ago. I'll find one.

Posted to rec.woodworking

What size?

"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone know of a source for 1 ph to 3 ph vfd drives that are cheap.
I've installed 30hp 1 ph to 3 ph Sq. D drives on machines before for
friends, but I don't have the source they had. Jack

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jack wrote:

Anyone know of a source for 1 ph to 3 ph vfd drives that are cheap.
I've installed 30hp 1 ph to 3 ph Sq. D drives on machines before for
friends, but I don't have the source they had. Jack

http://www.driveswarehouse.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article .com,
Jack wrote:
Anyone know of a source for 1 ph to 3 ph vfd drives that are cheap.
I've installed 30hp 1 ph to 3 ph Sq. D drives on machines before for
friends, but I don't have the source they had. Jack

Of new equipment, AFAIK AutomationDirect (search on the web, probably
www.automationdirect.com) has the best deal. They have 2 or 3 lines
of VFDs. The largest 1ph to 3ph converters are 3HP; above that they
only have VFDs with 3 phase input.

Does anyone know of VFDs with 1ph input and 3ph output that are larger
than 3HP (typically 10-11A at 220V)? I haven't done an exhaustive
search, but have not found any VFDs that can be used on 1ph input
larger than 3HP.

In used equipment, there are many sources. Obviously ebay. There are
also several dealers that specialize in used equipment. The way I
work it: Find the manufacturer that makes the equipment, then find
used dealers for the equipment using google.

Good luck!

--
The address in the header is invalid for obvious reasons. Please
reconstruct the address from the information below (look for _).

Posted to rec.woodworking

Forgot to change the URL - try below.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Posted to rec.woodworking

I knew that Sq. D. used to make up to 30hp in a 1ph to 3 ph vfd but I
didn't know Delta drive made them that big. The Delta machines 43-255x
lathe has a 2 hp Delta drive ( made by Delta drives) on it. I'll look
into their line of drives. Thanks everyone, Merry Christmas.