Bruce

Default Completed Wall Unit

OK guys, I'm no woodworker but I finished my built in wall unit for my
gameroom and here's a pic. It is 84" wide, will easily hold a 36" TV. I
bought the 3 base unfinished oak cabinets and then built the rest from
birch plywood and assorted hardwood pieces. Probably the most fun was
boiling the 3/4" laser cut trim to fit those curves. It has about 5 coats
of enamel on it, wet sanded with a finish like formica. I also crown
moulded it into the existing crown.

The hint of black you see in the center of the TV hole is a bull-nose
routed hole for plug and cable TV access so no cords will show when filled
with electronics. Most every panel has a routed hole in back to pass cords
around.

http://home.swbell.net/snaphook/Pics/smWallUn.JPG
Chris

(Bruce) wrote in message ...
OK guys, I'm no woodworker but I finished my built in wall unit for my
gameroom and here's a pic. It is 84" wide, will easily hold a 36" TV. I
bought the 3 base unfinished oak cabinets and then built the rest from
birch plywood and assorted hardwood pieces. Probably the most fun was
boiling the 3/4" laser cut trim to fit those curves. It has about 5 coats
of enamel on it, wet sanded with a finish like formica. I also crown
moulded it into the existing crown.

The hint of black you see in the center of the TV hole is a bull-nose
routed hole for plug and cable TV access so no cords will show when filled
with electronics. Most every panel has a routed hole in back to pass cords
around.

http://home.swbell.net/snaphook/Pics/smWallUn.JPG

Well Bruce, I would say you ARE a woodworker. Maybe not a pro, but
few of us here are.

I am building something very similar. Mine is a bit larger (about 104"
across with 10 doors total) and it will be about 1 year old by the
time I finish it (I'll post pictures when it's completed - right after
the parade that SWMBO will throw when it if *finally* done).

I did mine with latex and am not entirely thrilled with the finish.
Wish I had thought of wet-sanding enamel when I started.

-Chris