Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Life Battery tools NICD VS NIMH

Bosch Blu GSB 12 VE2
NIMH 2AH 4/5SC inside Panasonic
after three years Death

Metabo 9,6V NICD 1,2 Ah Battery Life eight years!

Your experience??

Regards

Posted to rec.woodworking

"cugino.it" wrote in message
ups.com...
Bosch Blu GSB 12 VE2
NIMH 2AH 4/5SC inside Panasonic
after three years Death

Metabo 9,6V NICD 1,2 Ah Battery Life eight years!

Your experience??

Most NiHm last longer than most NiCads. Exceptions abound. My Panasonics
are great still after three years, my Ryobi barely made one.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Most NiHm last longer than most NiCads. Exceptions abound. My Panasonics
are great still after three years, my Ryobi barely made one.

How true. My DeWalts die in about three years like clockwork: but
after hard use so many other things are wrong with the drills that I
pitch them if they make 3. I feel like I got plenty of miles out of a
cordelss drill at 3.

But I have Sears "professional" 14.4 that I got off Ebay really cheap
from Sears as an "open box". ( I mean really cheap...) After 3 years
it works like it was brand new. Go figure. Outside of the fact that
it is a little uncomfortable to hold, it may be the longest lasting and
hardest working drill I have ever owned.

I had a Makita drill, a "high power" or some such baloney as that that
had batteries that wouldn't hold a charge for more than a day or two
when it was brand new. It was such a piece of crap I hated it.

I think about the only two that really seem to have the whole battery
useful life down solid are Panasonic and Milwaukee (which I understand
uses Panansonic batteries).

I really don't know of anyone that uses them day in and day out that
gets much more than three years out of the batteries, though.

Robert

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

[...]

It took nine years for me to wear out the first set of Makita 9.6v NiCad
batteries. Still have the drill too, just used it tonight, got it for
Christmas 1995.