Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Best way to attach a solid wood tabletop....

What would you guys recommend to attach a solid red oak (42"x20"x1.25"-
3 boards glued) table top to 4 - 1.75"x1.75" legs. The design doesn't
allow for a skirt. Is there some sort of recommended hardware I could
find at Home Depot or an Ace? The plans show a sort of figure 8 piece
of metal that I've never seen before. What would the wood movement
considerations be. I think it would be considered end grain (top of
legs) into long grain (table top). Thanks for the help. It's my first
real project, so sorry for the stupid noob question. Thanks!