C-squared

Default Finished my purple laminated wood project

http://www.corpsie.com/newsgroups/re...stock-done.jpg

Tada, purple.

And some of you thought I was a troll :-p ;-)

It is actually a lot darker, but I took the picture in the middle of
the day and the flash on my camera kept going off.

IF you're curious as to what I finally did

1. put the wood in the oven for 20 minutes at 200 degrees F to raise
all the oil to the surface (this thing wasn't finished)

2. Had some minwax water based stain mixed the "wildberry" color,
poured out half the can and added a second shot of the "wildberry"
color mixture.

3. Used tung oil to finish it. The tung oil took the purple from
really really bright to the dark color that it is now.

I'd like to thank everyone that gave me the tips that helped me find
the answers, especially Andy Dingley.

http://atv.corpsie.com (Suzuki Z400 page)

RikC

I still think you're a troll. :-)