Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What can be used for resealing partially used contents: glue, paint...

I am just wondering if I anyone has suggestions for a re-usable containers,
or cheap enough, or commonly available so you can get rid of the extra air
in mostly used containers. It could be anything from 2/3 gallon, down to an
ounce. Although glass is breakable, if I had them I'd go do all my paints
right now. Not only would it be done, but you have a very high likelihood
that you could clean it out after and re-use it for something else later.
Is there special glass for this type of application? I am mainly concerned
about the locking potential of the top. Peanut butter jars: are they any
good? What about adding something to the seal to get it hermetically sealed
(air tight), like wax paper in the thread: this doesn't sound particularly
appealing though. preferable these containers would come right from the
grocery store, after I have eaten the contents. I don't want to spend a
lot, but a little, if specific.

I have (gallons/liters/other) cans of various things that get to be less
than half full and then even when sealed they end up drying out. With a
gallon can of paint, when you get down to 2 inches you can't even be sure if
you have enough to paint a pencil if you had already done a couple in the
past. I am thinking about things like glue, paint, stains, somewhat
thinners, etc.

OT - house contents insurance 4square UK diy 5 June 3rd 06 07:15 PM
resealing bathroom Jen Home Repair 4 May 28th 06 02:09 AM
satin paint over partially bare wood mmccar UK diy 0 August 26th 05 06:55 PM
INFO - Toolbox Contents J T Woodworking 0 January 9th 05 03:58 PM
Resealing a pattern imprinted driveway TrueBlue UK diy 0 August 30th 03 12:05 PM