Posted to rec.woodworking

Default If you own the Rockler dovetail jig, please read this posting

I am making some drawers from 1/2" baltic birch plywood. I am doing half
blind dovetails. In setting up the jig, the last step is to set the fence
the proper distance from the edge of the router base so that you plow the
proper depth slots for the pins. In the case of my particular router, that
distance would be 3 5/8". However, the slots were too deep and I ended up
backing off 3/32" to get the pins at a perfect depth in the slots. Obviously
this isn't a crisis as the end product looks great but I am really puzzled
about why the fence distance was off. I checked all my measurements many
times in computing the 3 5/8" so it is making me a little crazy. If anyone
can shed any light on this, it would ease my mind even though the end result
of my project looks fine anyway.

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dick Snyder wrote:
I am making some drawers from 1/2" baltic birch plywood. I am doing half
blind dovetails. In setting up the jig, the last step is to set the fence
the proper distance from the edge of the router base so that you plow the
proper depth slots for the pins. In the case of my particular router, that
distance would be 3 5/8". However, the slots were too deep and I ended up
backing off 3/32" to get the pins at a perfect depth in the slots.

Where are you measuring from to get the 3 5/8"? Did you take into
account the offset from the template guide bushing?

Mike

Rockler dovetail machine Jimmy Woodworking 9 April 4th 06 02:27 PM
Rockler Dovetail Jig [email protected] Woodworking 3 February 1st 06 05:56 AM
dovetail jig splinter Woodworking 14 March 30th 05 04:52 PM
FS:Rockler Jig It Templates [email protected] Woodworking 0 January 3rd 05 11:11 PM
If you own a Bosch 4000 table saw, please read this posting Dick Snyder Woodworking 2 December 16th 04 11:53 AM