Posted to rec.woodworking

Default wheels on stand

I have a metal work stand, 18" x 20". I want to put my chop saw on it. Can
someone suggest how to put caster wheels on it. The bottom of the legs have
about a 1" hole in them.
Patt

Posted to rec.woodworking

Patt wrote:
I have a metal work stand, 18" x 20". I want to put my chop saw on it. Can
someone suggest how to put caster wheels on it. The bottom of the legs have
about a 1" hole in them.
Patt

You'll probably also need a couple of fender washers per leg but see:

Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Patt" wrote in news:l5Jeh.451466$1T2.441759@pd7urf2no:

I have a metal work stand, 18" x 20". I want to put my chop saw on
it. Can someone suggest how to put caster wheels on it. The bottom of
the legs have about a 1" hole in them.
Patt

Go by the local Home Depot, (they have those in Canada, right?) and check
out their Miter Saw Utility Vehicle. Clever application of what you're
trying to accomplish.

I bought one a couple of years ago, on sale, and it's been a great help in
what used to be a 2 car garage, and is now an overfull hobby shop.

Patriarch
Posted to rec.woodworking

Like the Harbor Freight Wheels or similar. if you can, get one or more
washers with an outside diameter slightly smaller than the large holes (you
said 1") in the legs and a center hole large enough to accommodate the bolts
on the casters (essentially forming a bushing) and two fender washers on
either side(top/bottom) to hold them in place

You can always drill largerholes in the washers if needed, the OD is
important as you want the small ones inside the hole on the leg(s) and the
larger (fender) washers to cover the edges of the hole (and hide the smaller
washers).

Wish I could draw you a picture. Hope this helps.

"Patt" wrote in message
I have a metal work stand, 18" x 20". I want to put my chop saw on it. Can
someone suggest how to put caster wheels on it. The bottom of the legs
have
about a 1" hole in them.
Patt

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 01:07:29 GMT, "Patt" wrote:

I have a metal work stand, 18" x 20". I want to put my chop saw on it. Can
someone suggest how to put caster wheels on it. The bottom of the legs have
about a 1" hole in them.
Patt

For my work stands I found sets of used scaffolding casters. The 8"
wheels are big enough to roll over small stuff on the floor and the
locking mechanisms are very solid and easy to engage and disengage
with any kind of boot.

The shaft is about 1" I've attached them to angle iron stands by
drilling a 3/8" hole though the shaft, and a corresponding hole
through the corner of the angle iron. A good sized bolt and you're
ready to roll.

While probably more expensive than 3.95 each, they're pretty
indestructable. I've got two very heavy benches on them, and they
don't move at all unless I want them to.

wheels for Dewalt miter saw stand Knotbob Woodworking 2 August 17th 06 01:49 AM
Ryobi on Wheels [email protected] Woodworking 0 October 23rd 05 05:10 PM
Wheels George Woodturning 8 March 29th 05 11:54 PM
Ladder standoff, wheels or no wheels? Josey UK diy 10 September 2nd 04 11:05 AM