Posted to rec.woodworking

Default deal on a mortising machine

If anyone's been looking for a mortising machine, or has some Christmas
money on the way, Amazon has a great deal on the Delta 14-651 mortiser.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...280737-7347131
or http://tinyurl.com/ttjqh
Can't comment on its performance as mine hasn't arrived yet, but
according to a variety of reviews I read, it looks like it's supposed
to be basically the best of the basic ($350) ones (until you move up
to the Powermatic etc.). As long as it arrives in good condition after
Amazon ships it, that is...
Anyway, selling price is $250 with free shipping, Amazon has a $25 off
promo (for items $150-299), and Delta has a $50 rebate. Makes it $175
shipped.
If you can find another $51 worth of stuff you need from Amazon's tools
dept, you qualify for their $50 discount (off items $300). That would
make your total price about $200, for the mortiser plus $50 worth of
other stuff. Personally, I'm looking forward to trying out a Jet
parallel jaw clamp.

No affiliations with any of these companies, just looking out for good
deals and thought I'd share.
Andy