DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/184791-ot-apologies-those-who-disagree-may-have-seen.html)

George December 4th 06 04:22 PM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

Just picked this up from a friend, and it's just too funny not to pass on.

2008 Democratic National Convention Schedule
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7:00 P.M. Opening flag burning.

7:15 P.M. Pledge of Allegiance to the United Nations.

7:30 PM. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

7:30 - 8:00 P.M. Nonreligious prayer and worship: Jessie Jackson and Al
Sharpton.

8:00 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

8:05 P.M Ceremonial tree hugging.

8:15- 8:30 P.M. Gay Wedding: Barney Frank, presiding.

8:30 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

8:35 P.M. Free Saddam Rally: Cindy Sheehan, Susan Sarandon.

9:00 P.M. Keynote speech: "The Proper Etiquette for Surrender", French
President Jacques Chirac.

9:15 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

9:20 P.M. Collection to benefit Osama Bin Laden Kidney Transplant Fund.

9:30 P.M. Unveiling of plan to free freedom fighters from Guantanamo Bay:
Sean Penn.

9:40 P.M. Why I hate and avoided the Military: A short talk by William
Jefferson Clinton.

9:45 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

9:50 P.M. Dan Rather receives "Truth in Broadcasting" award, presented
by Michael Moore.

9:55 P.M., Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

10:00 P.M. Presentation: "How George Bush and Donald Rumsfeld brought down
the World Trade Center Towers", by Howard Dean.

10:30 P.M. Nomination of Hillary Rodham Clinton for President by Mahmud
Ahnadinejad.

11:00 P.M. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

11:05 P.M. Al Gore reinvents the Internet.

11:15 P.M. "Our Troops are War Criminals", presented by John Kerry.

11:30 P.M Coronation of Mrs. Hillary Rodham Clinton.

12:00 AM. Ted Kennedy proposes a toast.

12:05 A.M Bill asks Ted to drive Hillary home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can hardly wait!

Robatoy December 4th 06 04:34 PM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

On Dec 4, 11:22 am, "George" wrote:
[snip]

What pages did you copy that from? Oh wait. the pages are busy...
sorry.

Don't move into a glass house, George.

LRod December 4th 06 05:25 PM

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:22:58 GMT, "George" wrote:

Just picked this up from a friend, and it's just too funny not to pass on.

So, it's more important to you to pass on something you consider
amusing to a bunch of people who may not, despite the fact that some
of them, as fellow woodworkers, may have thought you a knowledgable
fellow, with something worth sharing promised by your presence, than
to exercise common prudence and leave such commonly understood
volatile topics as religion and politics out of regular discourse
among same.

That tells me all I need to know about your character. That knowledge
about your character colors anything, however founded in knowledge,
practice, or experience, you might have to offer about woodworking.

Yeah, I'm that judgemental. Hey, just like you!

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.

Never Enough Money December 4th 06 05:58 PM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

LRod, I don't approve of OT messages, either (even if I agree with
them). However, in George's defense, he did say it was "OT" in the
title. Plus, I don't see you complining about the other OT's today. Do
you just pick the ones you don't like?

John Flatley December 4th 06 06:11 PM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

Cliché: Many a truth has been disguised as humor.

Rule 1 of political discourse: If you disagree with
someone's position, attack his logic!

Rule 2 of political discourse: If you can't attack his
logic, attack his facts!

Rule 3 of political discourse: If you can't dispute
his facts or find flaws in his logic, attack him and
his character!

John Flatley
Jacksonville, Florida

--

wrote:

| Just picked this up from a friend, and it's just too
funny not to pass on.

| So, it's more important to you to pass on something
you consider
| amusing to a bunch of people who may not, despite the
fact that some
| of them, as fellow woodworkers, may have thought you
a knowledgable
| fellow, with something worth sharing promised by your
presence, than
| to exercise common prudence and leave such commonly
understood
| volatile topics as religion and politics out of
regular discourse
| among same.
|
| That tells me all I need to know about your
character. That knowledge
| about your character colors anything, however founded
in knowledge,
| practice, or experience, you might have to offer
about woodworking.

| Yeah, I'm that judgemental. Hey, just like you!
|
| --
| LRod
|
| Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
|
| Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
|
| http://www.woodbutcher.net
|
| Proud participant of rec.woodworking since February,
1997

| email addy de-spam-ified due to 1,000 spams per
month.
| If you can't figure out how to use it, I probably
wouldn't

Locutus December 4th 06 06:30 PM

"LRod" wrote in message
On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:22:58 GMT, "George" wrote:

Just picked this up from a friend, and it's just too funny not to pass on.

So, it's more important to you to pass on something you consider
amusing to a bunch of people who may not, despite the fact that some
of them, as fellow woodworkers, may have thought you a knowledgable
fellow, with something worth sharing promised by your presence, than
to exercise common prudence and leave such commonly understood
volatile topics as religion and politics out of regular discourse
among same.

That tells me all I need to know about your character. That knowledge
about your character colors anything, however founded in knowledge,
practice, or experience, you might have to offer about woodworking.

Yeah, I'm that judgemental. Hey, just like you!

wah.

It was funny. Regardless if you are a repub or dem.

George December 4th 06 06:31 PM

"LRod" wrote in message
On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:22:58 GMT, "George" wrote:

Just picked this up from a friend, and it's just too funny not to pass on.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Understand Ted has another place in the back seat for that ride home.

Love ya!

George Max December 4th 06 06:43 PM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 17:25:41 +0000, LRod
wrote:

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:22:58 GMT, "George" wrote:

Just picked this up from a friend, and it's just too funny not to pass on.

So, it's more important to you to pass on something you consider
amusing to a bunch of people who may not

It *was* labeled "off topic."

damian penney December 4th 06 08:36 PM

George wrote:
Just picked this up from a friend, and it's just too funny not to pass on.

2008 Democratic National Convention Schedule
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Funny I got this at the same time ;-)

2008 Republican National Convention Schedule
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7:00 P.M. Opening constitution burning.

7:15 P.M. Pledge of Allegiance to Chevron.

7:30 PM. George W Bush proposes a toast.

7:30 - 8:00 P.M. Nonreligious prayer and worship: Rev Ted Haggard

8:00 P.M. George W Bush proposes a toast.

8:05 P.M Ceremonial oil spilling.

8:15- 8:30 P.M. Gay Wedding: Mark Foley, presiding.

8:30 P.M. George W Bush proposes a toast.

9:00 P.M. Keynote speech: "The Proper Etiquette for Defeat",
Donald Rumsfeld

9:15 P.M. George W Bush proposes a toast.

9:20 P.M. Collection to benefit Terry Schiavo Brain Transplant Fund.

9:30 P.M. Unveiling of plan to spy on US Citizens: Alberto Gonzales.

9:40 P.M. Why I hate and avoided the Military: A short talk by
George W Bush

9:45 P.M. George W Bush proposes a toast.

9:50 P.M. Fox News receives "Truth in Broadcasting" award,
presented
by Ann Coulter.

9:55 P.M., George W Bush proposes a toast.

10:00 P.M. Presentation: "How George Bush and Donald Rumsfeld brought
down
the World Trade Center Towers", by Howard Dean.

10:30 P.M. Nomination of Condoleeza Rice for President by the House of
Saud

11:00 P.M. George W Bush proposes a toast.

11:05 P.M. Ted Stevens internet primer 'It's a Series of Tubes'

11:15 P.M. "Snapshots from Iraq", presented by Lyndie England.

11:30 P.M Coronation of Condoleeza Rice

12:00 AM. George W Bush proposes a toast.

12:05 A.M Hillary asks George to drive Bill home.

LRod December 4th 06 08:59 PM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

On 4 Dec 2006 09:58:20 -0800, "Never Enough Money"
wrote:

LRod, I don't approve of OT messages, either (even if I agree with
them). However, in George's defense, he did say it was "OT" in the
title. Plus, I don't see you complining about the other OT's today. Do
you just pick the ones you don't like?

I wasn't complaining that it was an OT message. My complaint was that
it fell into the category of taboo subjects as described in my
response.

There are tons of what can reasonably be argued as legitimate off
topic subjects in a special interest forum. Religion and politics are
almost universally not included in them unless the groups are
religious or political in the first place. There's a reason for it,
and you'll be seeing several examples of it in this thread.

Steve Turner December 4th 06 09:00 PM

wrote:

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 16:22:58 GMT, "George" wrote:

Just picked this up from a friend, and it's just too funny not to pass on.

So, it's more important to you to pass on something you consider
amusing to a bunch of people who may not

It *was* labeled "off topic."

AND "Apologies to those who disagree".

To reply, eat the taco.

Leon December 4th 06 09:02 PM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

Hey, the list does not have the event we have all been waiting for since
2000. Al Gore showing off his "LOCK BOX" filled with what the Democrats
are going to allow us for our retirement income.

t...

jo4hn December 4th 06 09:30 PM

John Flatley wrote:
Cliché: Many a truth has been disguised as humor.

Rule 1 of political discourse: If you disagree with
someone's position, attack his logic!

Rule 2 of political discourse: If you can't attack his
logic, attack his facts!

Rule 3 of political discourse: If you can't dispute
his facts or find flaws in his logic, attack him and
his character!

John Flatley
Jacksonville, Florida

Or just skip to Rule 3...

George December 4th 06 09:54 PM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

"Leon" wrote in message
t...
Hey, the list does not have the event we have all been waiting for since
2000. Al Gore showing off his "LOCK BOX" filled with what the Democrats
are going to allow us for our retirement income.

Yep.

It is quite clever, though.

Fortunately we have a whole new set of promises every election to give us
hope and make us forget the old positions and promises.

[email protected] December 4th 06 10:59 PM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

I about fell out of my chair laughing at that one. I still remember
spewing coffee on this blast:

******************
Rob offers his apologies.

Messages 1 - 25 of 279 in topic - view as tree Newer »
From: Robatoy - view profile
Date: Mon, Oct 2 2006 9:06 pm
Email: "Robatoy"
Groups: rec.woodworking
Not yet ratedRating:
show options
original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

I am sorry. This may not have been the platform to point out that
****wit Bush is the dirtiest/nastiest piece of **** to wander the face
of the planet....but I digress.

********************

Surely George's OT post with an embedded apology isn't as offensive to
some as calling the President a ****wit.... or the dirtiest/nastiest
piece of **** to wander the earth.

Are you getting ready to blast us again for his OT? I am no fan of
George, but surely he can put something up as benign as his post
without a thinly veiled warning/threat being posted.

Aren't Canadians supposed to be a gentle, intelligent, thoughtful
people? But I say too, blast away if you feel like it. It was marked
OT. So many times the prevailing logic around here has just been "if
you don't like it, don't read it."

Liked the glass house reference a lot though... got a good chuckle.

Robert

heh heh... he said ****wit...

Lee Michaels December 4th 06 11:05 PM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

Not trying to stir up a storm or anything, (I won't post it here), but
something similar can be viewed at;

http://www.rightwasright.us/

Note additional items at the bottom of the page.

[email protected] December 5th 06 12:08 AM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

2008 Republican National Convention Schedule

6:00 PM Opening Prayer, led by the Rev. Jerry Falwell
6:30 PM Pledge of Allegiance
6:35 PM Burning of Bill of Rights (excluding 2nd amendment)
6:45 PM Salute to the Coalition of the Willing
6:46 PM Seminar #1: Getting your kid a military deferment
7:30 PM First Presidential Beer Bong
7:35 PM Serve Freedom Fries
7:40 PM EPA Address #1: Mercury, it's what's for dinner
8:00 PM Vote on which country to invade next
8:10 PM Call EMTs to revive Rush Limbaugh
8:15 PM John Ashcroft Lectu The Homos are after your children
8:30 PM Roundtable discussion on reproductive rights (MEN only)
8:50 PM Seminar #2: Corporations: the government of the future
9:00 PM Condi Rice sings "I Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man"
9:05 PM Second Presidential Beer Bong
9:10 PM EPA Address #2 Trees: the real cause of forest fires
9:30 PM Break for secret meetings
10:00 PM Second prayer, led by Cal Thomas
10:15 PM Lecture by Karl Rove: Doublespeak made easy
10:30 PM Rumsfeld demonstration: How to squint and talk macho
10:35 PM Bush demonstration of trademark deer-in-headlights stare
10:40 PM John Ashcroft demonstrates new mandatory Kevlar chastity belt
10:45 PM Clarence Thomas reads list of black Republicans
10:46 PM Third Presidential Beer Bong
10:50 PM Seminar #3: Education: a drain on our nation's economy
11:10 PM Hilary Clinton Pinata
11:20 PM Second John Ashcroft Lectu Evolutionists: the dangerous new
cult
11:30 PM Call EMTs to revive Rush Limbaugh again
11:35 PM Blame Clinton
11:40 PM Laura serves milk and cookies
11:50 PM Closing Prayer, led by Jesus Himself
12:00 AM Nomination of George W. Bush as Holy Supreme Planetary Overlord

Old guy December 5th 06 01:12 AM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

Funny, the rest of the country seemed to think that the Democrats had
something to offer this country that the Republicans didn't.

No apologies to anyone.

Old Guy

t...

Leon December 5th 06 01:24 AM

"Old guy" wrote in message
Funny, the rest of the country seemed to think that the Democrats had
something to offer this country that the Republicans didn't.

No apologies to anyone.

Old Guy

I was listening to a talk show host that was commenting that the Democrats
have not provided a solution.
Basically he said that what the Democrats have to offer is.... they are not
Republican.

Sounds like another Jimmy Carter style change could happen. Good thing
Elmer Fudd did not run Democrat in 1976.

Steve B December 5th 06 01:29 AM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

"George" wrote

snip

Even a fool appears wise when they remain silent.

Steve

[email protected] December 5th 06 01:38 AM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

C'mon guys... this thread is falling apart. The longest, most well
followed and venemous threads this group EVER has anymore are the ones
that delve into politics.

Where is the hate? Where is the vitriol? Where is the screaming of
quoted/misquoated/skewed facts that prove the most pedantic of points?
Where is the self righteous indignation? You know both sides here have
taken uncalled for liberties with each other's cherished and (most
importantly) correct political beliefs. You can't let those jerkwads
that don't agree with you get away with that kind of crap, can you?

No name calling, humiliation, snubbing (for the beginners, not the
pros) or threats of violence? Has this group lost its way? I'm not
sure any of the regular quitters (some here have said tearful farewells
to this cruel group at least twice because of undue cruelty) are even
in this.... maybe they won't even quit again....

I have seen more hate expressed over Home Depot having the wrong kind
of employees or lack of quality wood. Even Norm and his brad gun used
to get more burning hate than this thread is showing now.

What's going on? FIGHT! FIGHT ! FIGHT! Think Monty Python here....
"Come on, you pansies!"

I am hoping if this thread picks up some steam and really hits the ball
over the fence in the next few days, and then maybe it will be peaceful
around here at Christmas (yes, I used Christ in a word, so that's OK)
time.

Robert

Stoutman December 5th 06 01:58 AM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

Hey, the list does not have the event we have all been waiting for since
2000. Al Gore showing off his "LOCK BOX" filled with what the Democrats
are going to allow us for our retirement income.

I think George is spending our retirement income liberating Iraq.

Stoutman December 5th 06 02:00 AM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

I was listening to a talk show host that was commenting that the Democrats
have not provided a solution.
Basically he said that what the Democrats have to offer is.... they are
not Republican.

All the Republicans have to offer for a solution is more of the same.

Elrond Hubbard December 5th 06 02:03 AM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

For those of you just joining this thread, it's Democrats 2, Republicans 1.

Elrond Hubbard December 5th 06 02:07 AM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

wrote in
ps.com:

[...]

Mark, Juanita, and Doug Miller are off-line tonight.

[email protected] December 5th 06 02:25 AM

Elrond Hubbard wrote:
For those of you just joining this thread, it's Democrats 2, Republicans 1.

And for those of you just learing history, it's Democrats 10,
Republicans 1 (They're trying really hard to reverse the abolishment of
slavery, but they still want to take credit for it.)

Mike

Robatoy December 5th 06 02:25 AM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

Threadjack!!

Back to woodworking:

I'm going to cut me down a nice tree for christmas. I'll use my
favourite ax. The republican ax. You know the kind... the two-faced
one?

Bwahahahahahaha..

*groan*

I'm trying, nailshooter..really trying...btw, are jerkwads anything
like ****wits?

[email protected] December 5th 06 02:29 AM

Elrond Hubbard wrote:

Mark, Juanita, and Doug Miller are off-line tonight.

Well, damn.

But you know in the past so many have quickly stepped up to bare their
souls and carry the flag for their respective camps. Those mentioned
above can't be the only standard bearers for all things righteous and
true.

I KNOW there is a lot more frustrated anger and hate here in this group
than is coming out. Too many here are way to thin skinned to let this
kind of thread go away. But so far the only foul language we even have
here so far is on an old quote from a thread six weeks or so ago.

I know some of you guys are itching to let it out... you guys know who
you are... you can do it... roll out the cannons and start beating the
crap out of each other.

C'mon.... do it for the newbies. They may not have seen how this works
here. Someone needs to do us all proud, and teach the new guys the
ropes of participation.

Robert

Frank Stutzman December 5th 06 02:42 AM

Leon wrote:

I was listening to a talk show host that was commenting that the Democrats
have not provided a solution.

Sadly, neither did the Republicans. Which is why the Democrats won the
election.

Basically he said that what the Democrats have to offer is.... they are not
Republican.

True. Its not much, but at least its something.

--
Frank Stutzman

Jim Weisgram December 5th 06 02:42 AM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

On 05 Dec 2006 02:03:52 GMT, Elrond Hubbard
wrote:

For those of you just joining this thread, it's Democrats 2, Republicans 1.

Maybe, if you don't count whether any of these are humorous. From that
perspective I count it Democrats 0, Republicans 0.

Truth in advertising: this comment coming from someone who sees irony
in the statement "Fox News: Fair and Balanced".

[email protected] December 5th 06 02:43 AM

Robatoy wrote:
Threadjack!!

Back to woodworking:

I'm going to cut me down a nice tree for christmas. I'll use my
favourite ax. The republican ax. You know the kind... the two-faced
one?

Bwahahahahahaha..

*groan*

I'm trying, nailshooter..really trying...btw, are jerkwads anything
like ****wits?

Boooooo! An almost stealth attempt to go another direction...

You did get me with the first 4 sentences.... then a bad political
joke.

Sigh... I want some blood, people with veins in their teeth, not just
bad jokes.

I'm trying, nailshooter..really trying...btw, are jerkwads anything
like ****wits?

Don't know what you are trying, but help me out here if it pertains to
this subject as this thread is losing steam fast. We won't get out
most if the venom before Christmas if we don't start now.

As for the second part - a jerkwad is actually self explanatory. Not
sure about a ****wit - must be derogatory since it has "****" in it,
but I am unsure of its actual meaning. In context, it sounds kinda
ugly, though.

OT here...

BTW, did you see the post I put up on the small circular saws you
commented on earlier?

Robert

Lee December 5th 06 03:15 AM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

AHH I remember Hilary holding up the book that contained our national health
insurance. What's she gonna hold when she runs for pres.???

Locutus December 5th 06 03:21 AM

"Old guy" wrote in message
Funny, the rest of the country seemed to think that the Democrats had
something to offer this country that the Republicans didn't.

No apologies to anyone.

Old Guy

You mean the same people who thought Republicans offered something Democrats
didn't a couple of years ago?

:)

Robatoy December 5th 06 03:54 AM

On Dec 4, 9:43 pm, wrote:

BTW, did you see the post I put up on the small circular saws you
commented on earlier?

I did.. thank you. I'll have me one of those Morris saws. You know this
will now always be referred to as a Morris saw. I wonder what kind of
blades I can get for it.

In another forum where I get my yuks, there's a type of person called
asstard. Go figgur.
Jerkwad, ****wit, asstard.

What will they think of next.

Leon December 5th 06 04:36 AM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

"Lee" wrote in message
. ..
AHH I remember Hilary holding up the book that contained our national
health insurance. What's she gonna hold when she runs for pres.???

Bill's Bal_'s.

Morris Dovey December 5th 06 05:47 AM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

(in
) said:

| I know some of you guys are itching to let it out... you guys know
| who you are... you can do it... roll out the cannons and start
| beating the crap out of each other.
|
| C'mon.... do it for the newbies. They may not have seen how this
| works here. Someone needs to do us all proud, and teach the new
| guys the ropes of participation.

Slow down, nailshooter, or you'll get left behind. Dig out a copy of
"Turn, Turn, Turn" and take a listen.

The "time to tear down" is turning into a "time to build up" - with a
considerable amount of uncertainty because we aren't quite sure how to
go about doing that...

It /is/ the American way, you know, to publicly confess our mistakes
in humorous terms. I think it's through laughter that we recover from
some of the most grim situations we face in life - as if the laughter
helps to restore our sense of balance.

We've had enough polarization - and IMO, it's time to acknowledge that
allowing the politicians (of any and all persuasions) to abandon the
middle ground was a mistake worth laughing at. It may be the most
healthy thing we can do.

The problems we've been given - and the problems we've created - won't
be solved this month. It'll take quite a while just to catalog.

And our biggest problem - that of being the last superpower standing -
we haven't even begun to deal with.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Charlie M. 1958 December 5th 06 01:29 PM

wrote:
2008 Republican National Convention Schedule

As a member of one of the two parties involved, I found the demo-bashing
version and the repub-bashing version equally funny. Anybody who was
offended by either really needs to get out to the shop and see if they
can build themselves a sense of humor.

Robatoy December 5th 06 02:07 PM

OT And Apologies to Those Who disagree or May Have Seen it

Morris Dovey wrote:
[snipped for brevity]

Live and learn. Why does it always have to do so much damage?

And our biggest problem - that of being the last superpower standing -
we haven't even begun to deal with.

Superpower? On what front? Bombs and cruise missles?
Superpower on the global economic front?
Superpower on the global energy front?

There are some very powerful global chess moves being made by Russia
and China while the world is busy watching the crazyness in The Middle
east.

Rome used to be a superpower. Now you can't get parts for a Fiat.