Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Tom is offline

Default Jimmy Carter Woodworking Workshop on C-Spam2

"Noone" wrote in message

You can watch Jimmy Carter interview now going on in C-Spam2 Book
review. Jimmy Carter talk about his workshop and of his latest book.

Maybe he knows something about woodworking. He sure in the hell didn't know
anything about being president.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom wrote:
Maybe he knows something about woodworking. He sure in the hell didn't know
anything about being president.

Dunno, doesn't look bad (.jpg, 106KB):
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...binet_8_xl.jpg

Article he
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki....aspx?id=24944

Too bad the grain of the wood draws the attention away from the actual
design of the armoir. Might also be the flash used?

--
Best regards,
Vriendelijke groeten,

Flint
Posted to rec.woodworking

You can watch Jimmy Carter interview now going on in C-Spam2 Book
review. Jimmy Carter talk about his workshop and of his latest book.

..
Posted to rec.woodworking

I ll look for it on C span. Nice project bad wood choice for by taste.
The article in FWW #174 showed some nice pieces he built. He may not
have been the very best president but compared to what we have now he
was great. As a past president he does great things internationally
these days.

Posted to rec.woodworking

henry wrote:
I ll look for it on C span. Nice project bad wood choice for by taste.
The article in FWW #174 showed some nice pieces he built. He may not
have been the very best president but compared to what we have now he
was great. As a past president he does great things internationally
these days.

Hugo Chavez sure likes him.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Flex Flint wrote:
Tom wrote:
Maybe he knows something about woodworking. He sure in the hell didn't
know anything about being president.

Dunno, doesn't look bad (.jpg, 106KB):
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki...binet_8_xl.jpg

Article he
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworki....aspx?id=24944

Too bad the grain of the wood draws the attention away from the actual
design of the armoir. Might also be the flash used?

****, I thought it was the Mexicans making them and selling them here in AZ.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 16:48:32 -0600, "Tom" wrote:

"Noone" wrote in message

You can watch Jimmy Carter interview now going on in C-Spam2 Book
review. Jimmy Carter talk about his workshop and of his latest book.

Maybe he knows something about woodworking. He sure in the hell didn't know
anything about being president.

Knows even less about being an EX-president. Imagine the howls of
outrage if Reagan or Bush 1 had spanned the globe openly speaking against
the previous president.

Jimmy Carter -- never met a dictator he didn't like.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"very best president but compared to what we have now he
was great. "

Remember that as you spread out your Prayer Rug one of these days.

Walt Conner

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3 Dec 2006 15:28:00 -0800, "henry" wrote:

I ll look for it on C span. Nice project bad wood choice for by taste.
The article in FWW #174 showed some nice pieces he built. He may not
have been the very best president but compared to what we have now he
was great. As a past president he does great things internationally
these days.

Speaking for three hours in C-Spam he talk of his woodworking projects
and picture of his shop. He also talk about his Presidency and
especially his new book. "Palestine Peace Not Apartheid." You should
also watch the interviewed with Tim Russell on NBC's cable (Now
showing in NBC cable repeat broadcast).

Both programs will be repeats.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 03:10:16 +0000, WConner wrote:

"very best president but compared to what we have now he was great. "

Remember that as you spread out your Prayer Rug one of these days.

One of Carter's greatest failings and Bush's greatest strengths involves
micromanagement of military operations. Carter did it, Bush doesn't seem
to.

I'm not sure I understand what prayer rugs have to do with anything.

My own feelings in the matter are that Carter was one of the most decent
men to every occupy that office, the trouble is that that's not a job
where virtue is a virtue.

Walt Conner

Posted to rec.woodworking

henry wrote:
I ll look for it on C span. Nice project bad wood choice for by taste.
The article in FWW #174 showed some nice pieces he built. He may not
have been the very best president but compared to what we have now he
was great. As a past president he does great things internationally
these days.

Yep. Dumbya will probably wind up lost in a mall parking lot.

Mike

Posted to rec.woodworking

"henry" wrote in message
oups.com...

As a past president he does great things internationally
these days.

I think you spell that 'grate'. He's been a thorn in the sides of every
President from Reagan on. Even Clinton was irritated by Carter's
self-directed 'foreign policy'.

There's an article today about his drawing up plans for his own funeral.
It can't happen soon enough to suit me.

Posted to rec.woodworking

J. Clarke wrote:
On Mon, 04 Dec 2006 03:10:16 +0000, WConner wrote:

"very best president but compared to what we have now he was great. "

Remember that as you spread out your Prayer Rug one of these days.

One of Carter's greatest failings and Bush's greatest strengths involves
micromanagement of military operations. Carter did it, Bush doesn't seem
to.

I'm not sure I understand what prayer rugs have to do with anything.

My own feelings in the matter are that Carter was one of the most decent
men to every occupy that office, the trouble is that that's not a job
where virtue is a virtue.

Walt Conner

Carter attempted to disarm the US of 2400 US missiles in Europe. People
had to have a little talk with him to wake him up. He turned his back on
the Shah of Iran and backed the Ayatollah Kahmeni and cost us the middle
east at the time. He screwed up the Iranian hostage situation and tried
to supervise their rescue by committee. The effort was a failure and men
were killed in a major aviation accident in the desert and he had to beg
Iran for the bodies. He screwed up diplomatic relations by bringing his
wife and daughter to the Middle East, and openly insulted Mexico by
claiming he had Montezuma's revenge at a Mexican state dinner. He was
such a fool, that as an incumbent running for a second term, he only
carried one state, and it wasn't his own.

Posted to rec.woodworking

john wrote:
henry wrote:

I ll look for it on C span. Nice project bad wood choice for by taste.
The article in FWW #174 showed some nice pieces he built. He may not
have been the very best president but compared to what we have now he
was great. As a past president he does great things internationally
these days.

Hugo Chavez sure likes him.

So, IIRC, did Jacobo Timerman

rm

Posted to rec.woodworking

john wrote:
Flex Flint wrote:
Too bad the grain of the wood draws the attention away from the actual
design of the armoir. Might also be the flash used?

****, I thought it was the Mexicans making them and selling them here in
AZ.

) What *is* that wood? I have something similar in my shop, hard stuff
but very low quality. It used to be a cheap box for transport of natural
stones, some kind of pallet.

--
Best regards,
Vriendelijke groeten,

Flint
Posted to rec.woodworking

Flex Flint wrote:
john wrote:
Flex Flint wrote:
Too bad the grain of the wood draws the attention away from the actual
design of the armoir. Might also be the flash used?

****, I thought it was the Mexicans making them and selling them here in
AZ.

) What *is* that wood? I have something similar in my shop, hard stuff
but very low quality. It used to be a cheap box for transport of natural
stones, some kind of pallet.

The article says antique persimmon, but it looks more like spalted
sycamore to me.

--

FF

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Noone" wrote in message

You can watch Jimmy Carter interview now going on in C-Spam2 Book
review. Jimmy Carter talk about his workshop and of his latest book.

Maybe he knows something about woodworking. He sure in the hell didn't know
anything about being president.

Knows even less about being an EX-president. Imagine the howls of
outrage if Reagan or Bush 1 had spanned the globe openly speaking against
the previous president.

Jimmy Carter -- never met a dictator he didn't like.

Compare/contrast that with GWB's buddies, Bashir,
Putin, Musharraf, Mubarak, Assad or King Abdullah.

Or Reagan's buddies like Saddam Husein, Duarte,
Noriega or King Faud.

--

FF

Posted to rec.woodworking

J. Clarke wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what prayer rugs have to do with anything.

Possibly a reference to the thirty years of peace between Egypt
and Israel that have followed form the Camp David accords as
contrasted to the four wars fought between them over the
previous thirty-odd years.

--

FF

Posted to rec.woodworking

Who's Jimmy Carter? Is he the guy with Little Liver Pills?