DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   PIRATE CANNON (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/184502-pirate-cannon.html)

J T December 2nd 06 01:46 AM

PIRATE CANNON

http://www.instructables.com/id/E9QN...LVAS/?ALLSTEPS

Probably be a bit hard to come by a pirate ship nowadays. However,
you could always make several of them, mount 'em on the back of a
flatbed truck, and then give a broadside. Politician would b my first
target of choice.

JOAT
I am, therefore I think.

[email protected] December 2nd 06 02:45 AM

PIRATE CANNON

J T wrote:
http://www.instructables.com/id/E9QN...LVAS/?ALLSTEPS

Probably be a bit hard to come by a pirate ship nowadays. However,
you could always make several of them, mount 'em on the back of a
flatbed truck, and then give a broadside. Politician would b my first
target of choice.

JOAT
I am, therefore I think.

I saw a pretty nice looking coffee table that was a pirate's cannon in
wooden carriage, under a glass top. It looked like construction lumber
with a dark stain and the cannon itself was laminated and turned 2Xs
about 6" in diameter. The cannon probably would have looked beter
had it been from a solid piece, but all the more reason to do one's
own variation.

Tom G December 2nd 06 08:41 AM

PIRATE CANNON

"J T" wrote in message
http://www.instructables.com/id/E9QN...LVAS/?ALLSTEPS

Probably be a bit hard to come by a pirate ship nowadays. However,
you could always make several of them, mount 'em on the back of a
flatbed truck, and then give a broadside. Politician would b my first
target of choice.

JOAT
I am, therefore I think.

Great idea. Mount that rig on my pontoon boat and fire it off at the
weekend boaters that insist on turning around within 10 foot of it while
it's tied to the dock. I've thought about a water ballon sling shot but I'm
afraid some %$&*&%$# is likely to escalate the fight by using a shotgun or
9mm handgun. I remember back in Arizona, two brothers in a road rage forced
a guy to the side of the road. One then reached in the back window of his
pickup and grabbed a baseball bat or pipe and approached the driver he
pulled over. That driver, thinking it was a rifle and not a bat, pulled his
handgun and mortally wounded the guy. Judge let him off. Said the guy with
the bat should have expected that the other guy might escalate the
confrontation. Oh, well maybe I can just rig up a water hose that
permanently shoots water out ...kind of like a water spray force field. :-)

Tom G

Markem December 2nd 06 01:25 PM

PIRATE CANNON

On Sat, 02 Dec 2006 08:41:52 GMT, "Tom G"
wrote:

Oh, well maybe I can just rig up a water hose that
permanently shoots water out ...kind of like a water spray force field. :-)

You need a Black Lab and a supply of tennis balls, let the dog slobber
over the ball.....

Markem
(sixoneeight) = 618

Brent Beal December 2nd 06 02:55 PM

PIRATE CANNON

"Tom G" wrote in message
[...]

Bats are just as deadly, I think the judge was a bit timid. I don't
consider self defense an escalation.....more like self preservation.

J T December 2nd 06 11:29 PM

PIRATE CANNON

Sat, Dec 2, 2006, 8:41am (EST+5) (Tom*G)
doth sayeth:
Great idea. Mount that rig on my pontoon boat snip

Pontoon boat would be great, room enough for several on each side.
Most of the pirate boats are made oversea now anyway. Then you could
always hand some large signs on your boat saying something like "danger,
high explosives, keep minimum of 100 feet distance". Then if they still
didn't keep away, sink one or two of 'em. LOL

JOAT
I am, therefore I think.

badger.badger December 3rd 06 11:01 AM

PIRATE CANNON

J T wrote:
Sat, Dec 2, 2006, 8:41am (EST+5) (Tom G)
doth sayeth:
Great idea. Mount that rig on my pontoon boat snip

Pontoon boat would be great, room enough for several on each side.
Most of the pirate boats are made oversea now anyway. Then you could
always hand some large signs on your boat saying something like "danger,
high explosives, keep minimum of 100 feet distance". Then if they still
didn't keep away, sink one or two of 'em. LOL

Great idea, can we have one for the prats who keep circling in the
"danger area, fast transit required" zone (marked on all the marine
charts as such) behind our local mil range, just because they have a gin
palace and don't like the sound of our rifles when we're practicing....

J T December 3rd 06 12:50 PM

PIRATE CANNON

Sun, Dec 3, 2006, 11:01am (EST+5)
(badger.badger) doth sayeth:
Great idea, can we have one for the prats who keep circling in the
"danger area, fast transit required" zone (marked on all the marine
charts as such) behind our local mil range, just because they have a gin
palace and don't like the sound of our rifles when we're practicing....

Well, you could put a few rounds across their bows. Or call the
water police on them. Or sink one or two. Or, have a tank pull up in
view and let of a blank in their general direction. Sigh, but the only
one you'd be able to get away with are the water cops. Too bad.

But balloons filled with paint come to mind.

JOAT
I am, therefore I think.