Posted to rec.woodworking

Default good deal on a router - Freud at Rockler

A few people have asked recently about opinions on routers, so I
thought I'd pass along a deal I saw. Rockler has a Freud 2.25hp router
for $169, with a mail-in rebate for a free plunge base. Var speed,
above-the-table adjustment, etc. The Danvers, MA store has a special
on the same thing for $149 this weekend - maybe other stores have the
same deal, or might honor that deal if you ask really nice? Even at
$169, it's a good deal for a fixed+plunge router.
Haven't used this router, but I've heard good things. Anyone have
direct experience? No affiliations with Rockler or Freud, etc.
Hope this helps someone out,
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Andy" wrote in news:1164992295.219754.246600@
80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:

A few people have asked recently about opinions on routers, so I
thought I'd pass along a deal I saw. Rockler has a Freud 2.25hp router
for $169, with a mail-in rebate for a free plunge base. Var speed,
above-the-table adjustment, etc. The Danvers, MA store has a special
on the same thing for $149 this weekend - maybe other stores have the
same deal, or might honor that deal if you ask really nice? Even at
$169, it's a good deal for a fixed+plunge router.
Haven't used this router, but I've heard good things. Anyone have
direct experience? No affiliations with Rockler or Freud, etc.
Hope this helps someone out,
Andy

I have an older '3.25' hp Freud, screwed into my table. Other than the
fact that the beast has more torque than I'm comfortable with in handheld
operations, it's been a pretty good tool. Others here have said similar
things.

But the new router is something different from what they sold 5 or 6 years
ago. I don't know if it's better.

MOST Freud stuff is worth the prices they ask.

Patriarch