Bay Area Dave

Default Cyclone lid for garbage can dust collector/shopvac question

those lids work for DC; I doubt they would work with a Shop Vac. I use one with
a 750CFM DC and it does cut down the efficiency, but it more than makes up for
that by preventing clogs at the impeller or anything nasty slamming into said
impeller. Plus it's way easier to dump the trashcan than it is to dump the
lower bag of the DC. It should get MORE than 90% of the dust. I hardly ever have
to empty the bag in the DC.

David wrote:

I saw in the Lee Valley catalog where they have a lid that fits on a garbage
can (for 29.95). It shows a hose coming from your tool to the can and
another hose from the lid going to your shopvac. It is suppose to collect
90% of the planer/saw dust in the can first before it goes into the vac.
Do any of you have an opinion if these lids really work? I don't have the
room for a big dust collection system.
Thanks for your opinions.

elmwood

Dave,
Drop me a line on this collector lid if you want one really cheap. I
bought one years ago when I first started out and never used it. We'll
talk on the side if you want.

Eric

e l m w o o d ( a t ) w a v e c o m p u t e r s ( d o t ) n e t

JGS

Hi Dave,
I have the small model which fits on a 5 gal pail and it works just fine with a
shop vac. I have not used it since I bought a Oneida system. Which reminds me, I
have the small model for sale. So if you are interest and live in the Ottawa area
(I know that's not you BAD) email me. Remove the "Stamp" from address. Cheers, JG