Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Taitnor saw set booklet

Hi there,
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of "Suggestions on the care of
Saws by C C Taintor "
Thanks in advance
Peter

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 30, 4:41 am, "pete" wrote:
Hi there,
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of "Suggestions on the care of
Saws by C C Taintor "
Thanks in advance
Peter

Sure - I have a special feature on my computer called Google, which
revealed a pdf of your entire booklet when I entered "Suggestions on
the care of Saws".
http://www.oldtoolsshop.com/Galoots/...rsawsetPAM.pdf

Posted to rec.woodworking

Andy wrote:
On Nov 30, 4:41 am, "pete" wrote:
Hi there,
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of "Suggestions on the care of
Saws by C C Taintor "
Thanks in advance
Peter

Sure - I have a special feature on my computer called Google, which
revealed a pdf of your entire booklet when I entered "Suggestions on
the care of Saws".
http://www.oldtoolsshop.com/Galoots/...rsawsetPAM.pdf

Thank you Andy. I spent two hours following threads on Google to try
and find info on this bytyping in saw sharpening and finally got to the
point where I found the title of the booklet. At 2am I was so tired I
didn't even think to try typing in the title. I'm not very good at
computers anyway so am very grateful for you showing me the answer.I
bought a Taintor #7 saw set and wanted to find how to use it properly.
Thanks again,
Peter

Posted to rec.woodworking

bought a Taintor #7 saw set and wanted to find how to use it properly.
Thanks again,
Peter

Glad I could help - good luck with your saw set.
Andy

Posted to rec.woodworking

pete wrote:

.I
bought a Taintor**#7*saw*set*and*wanted*to*find*how*to*use* it*properly.

One of my oddities is collecting old saw sets. So far the Taintor "Positive #
7" is the best I've found as far as actually working. It grabs and holds the
saw with one "hammer" before a second does the tooth bending.

--
It's turtles, all the way down

Saw Set? B a r r y Woodworking 13 February 17th 06 07:04 AM
How would you set it up? Highspeed Woodworking 14 March 22nd 05 07:15 PM
How would you set it up? Highspeed Woodworking 1 March 21st 05 01:55 PM
Dado set SwampBug Woodworking 13 January 6th 05 12:47 AM
FA: Sears "Homart" Booklet, 1950s David Stinson Home Repair 0 May 21st 04 05:11 PM