Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is it Okay to post For Sale

Is it okay to post for sale items related to woodworking on this group?

Posted to rec.woodworking

woods wrote:

Is it okay to post for sale items related to woodworking on this group?

As long as it's a private party and your not in the business of
selling tools and machines (there are exceptions to that rule -
ie - contributing members to this group who've helped others
with woodworking problems over the years) - and don't do it often.

Don't forget to mention where you're at, if the items have to
be picked up rather than shipped, shipping cost estimates if
applicable AND how to contact you.

What've you got?

charlie b
Posted to rec.woodworking

woods wrote:
Is it okay to post for sale items related to woodworking on this group?

only if I get a cut.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Please put in the post under the subject the city and state. That way we
won't look if it's to far.

"woods" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is it okay to post for sale items related to woodworking on this group?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"charlie b" wrote in message
woods wrote:

Is it okay to post for sale items related to woodworking on this group?

As long as it's a private party and your not in the business of
selling tools and machines (there are exceptions to that rule -
ie - contributing members to this group who've helped others
with woodworking problems over the years) - and don't do it often.

Don't forget to mention where you're at, if the items have to
be picked up rather than shipped, shipping cost estimates if
applicable AND how to contact you.

Also helps if you lead your subject with "FS:" or "For Sale". Folks can
select or filter easily.
RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking

As the group's moderator, I need to review all FS messages before they're
posted. Thank you.

B.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Buddy Matlosz wrote:
As the group's moderator, I need to review all FS messages before they're
posted. Thank you.

B.

"woods" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is it okay to post for sale items related to woodworking on this group?

All spam is henceforth to be sent to Buddy before posting here.

grin

Bill

--
Life is like playing a violin in public and learning the instrument as
one goes on.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bill in Detroit" wrote in message
Buddy Matlosz wrote:
As the group's moderator, I need to review all FS messages before

they're
posted. Thank you.

B.

"woods" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is it okay to post for sale items related to woodworking on this group?

All spam is henceforth to be sent to Buddy before posting here.

grin

Bill

Watch your step, Bill, or you'll lose your posting privileges.

B.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"RonB" wrote in :

Also helps if you lead your subject with "FS:" or "For Sale". Folks
can select or filter easily.
RonB

If it's on eBay or the like, use "FA:" rather than "FS:". Those of us
who avoid eBay thank you.

Puckdropper

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Buddy Matlosz" wrote in message
As the group's moderator, I need to review all FS messages before they're
posted. Thank you.

B.

Uuuhhhh.....Buddy. Do you know what FOS means?

You should!

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking

"RonB" wrote in message

"Buddy Matlosz" wrote in message
As the group's moderator, I need to review all FS messages before

they're
posted. Thank you.

B.

Uuuhhhh.....Buddy. Do you know what FOS means?

You should!

RonB

Uuuhhhh.....Ron. Do you know what "gullible" means?

You should!

B.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Buddy Matlosz wrote:

Watch your step, Bill, or you'll lose your posting privileges.

B.

BTW, it is a tradition on the wreck to kill-file the moderator.

Who told you that, Bill?

Bill?

BILL?