Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jeb Sawyer

Default Do I need biscuits?

Rather new to woodworking, so this may be a simple question. I'm
making a tabletop out of 1" cherry on top of 1" MDF. I am going to
band the table top with cherry also to cover up the MDF. My question
is where do I need to put biscuits? I am glueing together 5 pieces of
cherry for the top, but since it is long grain to long grain is there
still a need for biscuits. And what about the banding on the sides
(with grain running perpendicular) should I be concerned about the
wood expanding and cracking?

Thanks,
Jeb