Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default INSPIRATION - Ten Legged Chair

http://contraforma.com/_22_thing_img/146_1.jpg

I'd never make one of these myself; it's bad enough with a four
legged chair, it'd drive me nuts if I needed to shim a lag to keep it
from wobbling. I had a chair once that wobbled so bad I had to shim all
four legs.

JOAT
Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:

http://contraforma.com/_22_thing_img/146_1.jpg

I'd never make one of these myself; it's bad enough with a four
legged chair, it'd drive me nuts if I needed to shim a lag to keep it
from wobbling. I had a chair once that wobbled so bad I had to shim all
four legs.

JOAT
Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

That is indeed a rocker. Cute. If you build one, I will come (and
watch you go nuts).
twitch,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking

jo4hn wrote:
J T wrote:

http://contraforma.com/_22_thing_img/146_1.jpg

I'd never make one of these myself; it's bad enough with a four
legged chair, it'd drive me nuts if I needed to shim a lag to keep it
from wobbling. I had a chair once that wobbled so bad I had to shim all
four legs.

JOAT
Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

That is indeed a rocker. Cute. If you build one, I will come (and
watch you go nuts).
twitch,
jo4hn

Brace the legs and cut the center legs longest and the front and back
legs shortest and you would have a segmented rocker. Call it a massaging
rocker. Rough on hardwood floors.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

All my life I wanted to be someone. I
guess I should have been more specific.

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:
http://contraforma.com/_22_thing_img/146_1.jpg

I'd never make one of these myself; it's bad enough with a four
legged chair, it'd drive me nuts if I needed to shim a lag to keep it
from wobbling. I had a chair once that wobbled so bad I had to shim all
four legs.

JOAT
Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

Hey ... it's only sitting on two legs at a time. The others are spares
for folks who like to sit on the edge ot their chairs or lean back to
refelct on a day well spent. ;-)

Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Gerald Ross
wrote:

Brace the legs and cut the center legs longest and the front and back
legs shortest and you would have a segmented rocker. Call it a massaging
rocker.

....which is exactly what is pictured.

Kevin

INSPIRATION - Chair and Stool J T Woodworking 1 August 19th 06 03:13 PM
INSPIRATION - Bear Chair J T Woodworking 0 July 21st 06 02:26 AM
INSPIRATION - Coronation Chair J T Woodworking 0 December 28th 05 11:15 PM
INSPIRATION - Chair J T Woodworking 2 November 11th 05 06:55 PM
INSPIRATION - ROYAL CHAIR J T Woodworking 3 July 28th 05 12:54 AM