Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Replacement Routers for Porter Cable Router Recall - Too hot?

Being a good citizen I took my PC router that is affected by the Porter
Cable recall in and they swapped me out with a new one (New or reburbed
I'm not sure).

This new one seems to get hot after only a few minutes of use. I just
happened to reach down and feel the collet after a test spin.

I never really felt of my original so don't know if it heated up or
not.

I wanted to ask two things here.

1. Does anyone know if these replacement motors are new or refurbed?

2. Has anyone else experienced their replacement motor getting hotter
than you think it should?

Thanks....Ken

Posted to rec.woodworking

kcleere said:

I wanted to ask two things here.

1. Does anyone know if these replacement motors are new or refurbed?

The replacement 890 series I received was entirely new.
Assembled in Mexico rather than US, however. Of imported parts.

2. Has anyone else experienced their replacement motor getting hotter
than you think it should?

They get pretty warm, but I don't use mine for long periods of time,
so it hasn't been an issue yet.

FWIW

Greg G.