Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Tom is offline

Default Table saw blade question/problem

I have an Oldham Signature combination blade on my TS. It cuts crosscuts
just fine. The problem I am concerned with is that when I rip an Oak board I
get a pitch type buildup on the right side of the blade only. I usually take
the blade off and clean it with EasyOff oven cleaner and it does a good job
of cleaning it. I then reinstall the blade and rip again and when I do I
get an immediate buildup on the right side of the blade again. My Oak has
been dried for 2 or 3 years and is not newly cut or damp.
The question I have is do any of you know of a combination blade that has a
coating on it (Teflon or something else) than prevents buildup from
occurring that I can purchase? Thanks for your help.