Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lee Valley Apron Plane

I'd forgotten that one was in my LV wishlist. SWMBO bought it for my
birthday, along with the leather holster.

I didn't expect this. It's just the cutest little thing. When I set it
down next to my standard Stanley block plane I wasn't expecting it to
be _that_ much smaller. I hadn't expected the blade to be that easy and
quick to hone. And I didn't expect the shavings to be that fine, or
that it would slide so nice on the wood.

It was a luxury I wouldn't have bought myself till much later because
there were other things I wanted first and I didn't think I'd use it as
much as I already have. I didn't think it would feel this nice in my
hand. I didn't think it would sit in my apron pocket that well.

Bless her little heart.

Posted to rec.woodworking

" wrote in
oups.com:

I'd forgotten that one was in my LV wishlist. SWMBO bought it for my
birthday, along with the leather holster.

I didn't expect this. It's just the cutest little thing. When I set it
down next to my standard Stanley block plane I wasn't expecting it to
be _that_ much smaller. I hadn't expected the blade to be that easy and
quick to hone. And I didn't expect the shavings to be that fine, or
that it would slide so nice on the wood.

It was a luxury I wouldn't have bought myself till much later because
there were other things I wanted first and I didn't think I'd use it as
much as I already have. I didn't think it would feel this nice in my
hand. I didn't think it would sit in my apron pocket that well.

Bless her little heart.

My wife bought me one of those a couple of years ago, for my birthday.
Unfortunately, it arrived the same day as a nice vintage handplane that I'd
ordered for myself from Patrick Leach. I ended up having to wait until
Father's Day, just because.

I still like the handplane, and she's still here and loved.

Patriarch

Maybe you guys aren't crazy RayV Woodworking 10 October 2nd 06 07:48 PM
Tuning a plane Mark Ohlund Woodworking 0 July 18th 06 06:54 PM
Speaking of Lee Valley: Review of large shoulder plane Conan the Librarian Woodworking 4 September 8th 04 12:59 PM
Copper Casting In America (Trevelyan) Yuri Kuchinsky Metalworking 330 July 21st 04 11:59 PM