Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Table saw pulley problem

It is possible that the pulley may be made of diecast metal (many were on
Sears saws) and is wollerd (SP) out. Hence each time it is used it moves
about and loosens the set screw. I believe I'd try to locate a cast iron or
machined steel pulley and see if this doesn't correct the problem.

Don Dando

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Don Dando" wrote in message
. ..
It is possible that the pulley may be made of diecast metal (many were on
Sears saws) and is wollerd (SP) out. Hence each time it is used it moves
about and loosens the set screw. I believe I'd try to locate a cast iron

or
machined steel pulley and see if this doesn't correct the problem.

Don Dando

Hey Don - a question... why do you change the subject line on these threads?
Are you aware that when you do that you start a new thread and the
continuity of the thread is lost? That makes the archive process about
useless for anyone who may ever try to follow this in the future. You'd be
doing everyone a favor if you stuck to the conventions built into your
newsreader and simply replied to the thread.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

tom wrote:
I want to know what the word "wollerd" or its permutations might mean.
Tom

Here's one that possibly originated during the great
depression: A woller for a dollar.

Mike Marlow wrote:
"Don Dando" speedlin

wrote in message
. ..
It is possible that the pulley may be made of diecast metal (many were on
Sears saws) and is wollerd (SP) out. Hence each time it is used it moves
about and loosens the set screw. I believe I'd try to locate a cast iron

or
machined steel pulley and see if this doesn't correct the problem.

Don Dando

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

After all is said and done, usually
more is said than done.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

Hey Don - a question... why do you change the subject line on these
threads?
Are you aware that when you do that you start a new thread and the
continuity of the thread is lost? That makes the archive process about
useless for anyone who may ever try to follow this in the future. You'd
be
doing everyone a favor if you stuck to the conventions built into your
newsreader and simply replied to the thread.

You are wasting you time trying to get a response out of him.

Posted to rec.woodworking

It's redneck for "wallowed", meaning moved around aimlessly. Could probaby
be wallered or wallered.
The ship wallowed sickenly in the swell when it lost power.
The hogs wallowed (this is a good place for wollered) around in the pen and
made a big mudhole.
Wth quill on the drillpress was bad, so the bit wallowed out an oversized
hole.
Wilson

"tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to know what the word "wollerd" or its permutations might mean.
Tom
Mike Marlow wrote:
. ..